Speaker Fade/Balance seem strange to you?

23RST

Question if anyone has noticed:

My audio cannot be hear until the yellow bar is >25% or so. I usually listen to stuff about 50-60%. I thought this was kind of strange so I played with the fade/balancer and I moved all the audio to the rear and it seems like the door speakers aren't doing much.

If any of y'all are having a different experience, it may be time for me to visit the dealer.

8 minutes ago, 23RST said:

Question if anyone has noticed:

My audio cannot be hear until the yellow bar is >25% or so. I usually listen to stuff about 50-60%. I thought this was kind of strange so I played with the fade/balancer and I moved all the audio to the rear and it seems like the door speakers aren't doing much.

If any of y'all are having a different experience, it may be time for me to visit the dealer.

Normal.  Save your time and fuel for a trip to the dealer.  

Set your balance/fade in the middle, if you want pull it back rearwards a couple spots. 

The way the audio is designed in these, it uses the front two speakers in the dashboard to do most of the heavy lifting.  Front and rear doors come in for everything else.  Its using the windshield as acoustic projection to fill the cab with sound.

Been this way since the K2s came out in 2014.  Prior to this, doors did the work, dash housed small tweeters typically.  

Edited by newdude
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, newdude said:

Normal.  Save your time and fuel for a trip to the dealer.  

Set your balance/fade in the middle, if you want pull it back rearwards a couple spots. 

The way the audio is designed in these, it uses the front two speakers in the dashboard to do most of the heavy lifting.  Front and rear doors come in for everything else.  Its using the windshield as acoustic projection to fill the cab with sound.

Been this way since the K2s came out in 2014.  Prior to this, doors did the work, dash housed small tweeters typically.  

Thank you! I noticed this... front dash tweeters doing the heavy lifting

I also just realized I put 4ohm speakers in the front door but the factory ones are 1.7ohm.

Rears went from 3.4ohm to 4ohm - I did notice a small difference hot swapping them just now with radio on.

I am switching the fronts to Powerbass OE-652.