Auto A/C Turning Off

@newdude I will ask them about it but i believe thats the update they tried and said would fix it but didnt and that is when they told me they now designed it this way and that all the trucks now did it. Does your truck do it?

Thanks for responding Paul. Ive disabled the alexa app but it still does it. My point is if all the trucks arent doing it then they should be able to fix it and admit there is a problem and not how they designed it. So your truck is doing it?

7 minutes ago, alexbrgr said:

@newdude I will ask them about it but i believe thats the update they tried and said would fix it but didnt and that is when they told me they now designed it this way and that all the trucks now did it. Does your truck do it?

Nope.  Functions normal.  

This update is from June 11th so its rather fresh.  

Edited by newdude

1 hour ago, alexbrgr said:

Thanks for responding Paul. Ive disabled the alexa app but it still does it. My point is if all the trucks arent doing it then they should be able to fix it and admit there is a problem and not how they designed it. So your truck is doing it?

Disabling the Alexa app fixed it for me.

But, I've also disable Google assistant as I don't have a data plan (gets rid of the speech services message at startup).

You can try disabling the assistant and see what happens.

Mine does the same thing, according to my dealer there’s no fix.  I found a bulletin PIT6032B online on it but says no fix available and my dealer said the same thing.  Mine does it every time I get in the truck since I bought it new  (23 At4).   

I have a '24 2500 LT, and I noticed that it started doing the same thing a couple weeks ago when it got a lot hotter out. I've had the truck since November, and hadn't noticed it before, but that may be because it wasn't hot enough to care.

FWIW I had a '21 2500 High Country and a '22 3500 LTZ, and I don't remember either of those trucks doing this ever. 

Posted (edited)

I contacted the dealership about the update newdude mentioned and they are going to install it. They said according to the computer this is supposed to be the fix for this problem. ill let everybody know if it fixes it.

borsta1 thats what they told me the after they replaced three different parts that there wasnt a fix yet. Then an update in January came out and that didnt fix so they told me that gm designed it that way and it was working how it was supposed to and all gm trucks did this and not to bring my truck back again.

bowtieowner it only does it when the a/c turns on high which is when u want it the most

Edited by alexbrgr

On 6/25/2024 at 2:18 PM, alexbrgr said:

@MidTNDenali Have you had a chance to test yours out? 

I will be going to the dealership tomorrow, and want to discuss this with them.  If one or two more people could share that they are NOT having this issue with their trucks, I would really appreciate it! 

My auto A/C button never shuts off.  Have to lower the fan manually.