2020 Sierra Rear Brakes Issue, Inside Pad Bad Outside Still Good

Ii have a 2020 GMC sierra 1500 Elevation. The service brake pad warning came up I brought it to the dealer and was told I had plenty pad left but that the sensor was grounding out and in order to replace it I would have to change my brakes. I just disabled the message. Now at 26,000 miles only I keep hearing a scrapping noise took off the rear calipers and noticed that my outside pad was still had a lot of life in it but the inner pad was totally gone. I think it has something to do with the electronic Parking Brake. Not Happy about this, now I need to by new rotors and brake pads for the rear. Iv had truck that I did not have to replace the brakes till 50,000 miles.

Has anyone experience this?

IMG_5675.jpg

IMG_5673.jpg

IMG_5674.jpg

3 hours ago, silveradosid said:

not in this case, a lot of other people have posted with the same problem. although i got more mileage out of mine, my truck did the same thing and since replacement it is doing it again and i don't know why

You absolutely correct, for some reason the electronic brake causes a lot of drag. I recently bought launch CRP129x and was able to reset the Brake Module. I got a lot of codes and once I reset it now the dash shows me the brake pad remaining.IMG_5739.thumb.png.e82b0e349b53d39b0bccab62da1bd5d6.png