2022 Chevy Silverado Rear Differential Question

Hey guys, I am a little new to this truck space and I am looking to change my rear differential assembly as my original one broke in an accident. I am looking at some used options. I currently have a 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 custom trail boss 2.7 L 4WD with a 3.42 gear ratio rear differential and I was wondering if I could put on a 3.23 rear differential from another Chevy Silverado 1500 in our generation? Are all of these rear differentials compatible with the different engine models? Also, if I do change the entire rear differential assembly to a 3.23 will I need any other parts or can I just put that on as is?

Thank you in advance and any advice is appreciated!

5 hours ago, Sammy Alshameh said:

Hey guys, I am a little new to this truck space and I am looking to change my rear differential assembly as my original one broke in an accident. I am looking at some used options. I currently have a 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 custom trail boss 2.7 L 4WD with a 3.42 gear ratio rear differential and I was wondering if I could put on a 3.23 rear differential from another Chevy Silverado 1500 in our generation? Are all of these rear differentials compatible with the different engine models? Also, if I do change the entire rear differential assembly to a 3.23 will I need any other parts or can I just put that on as is?

Thank you in advance and any advice is appreciated!

No.  If you put it in, you will have two different gear ratios front and rear.  3.42 in the front, 3.23 in the rear, and then much more problems after that.

If you get an axle that has 3.23s, you will have to swap a 3.42 gear set into it, that is unless you can just find an axle with 3.42 already in it.