6 hours ago, VicFirth said:

I saw a VOA of this oil and the virgin oxidation value I believe was 110.  Looks really good.  Only Red Line has oxidation values that high.  Their 0w40 has a oxidation value of 129.

That POE though can compete with AW additives so too much is no good.  But clearly Valvoline and Red Line figured that out. 

The highest virgin oxidation values I've seen are:

Red Line - 90-129

Amsoil - 62

Rest fall in the 30 range.  

HPL is 23 but I was told they're using more group V than Amsoil.  Tricky part is HPL uses AN base oils which won't show a spike in oxidation values.  So that 23 is likely from POE or diester.  Another individual claimed it was a diester they're using.  I have no confirmation either way. 

VicFirth the grey stack of data is clean reference of PB RESTORE its oxidation is 141. 
RLI formulations oxidation values are consistent with that level. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, customboss said:

Interesting bibliography. 

More interesting is the comments on friction modifiers used only in the Premium fuels of a handful of retailers. Notable BP/Shell/OXM. And the claim they reduce upper cylinder and ring wear by 30% 🤔

You think the "Only Premium" is true? If so, then the claim high octane fuel adds "nothing" is also misleading. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, customboss said:

0w35 ( listed as 10w30) PB RESTORE run in a carboned up 2.0L FORD DI 4 turbo  cleaned it well.  @VicFirth checkout the oxidation value compare to other oils used in testing.  Screenshot2024-08-3011_05_53.thumb.png.c40f4c69fb00c03f9c17ce4815501967.pnges and

What was going on with the fuel dilution in this motor? Up and down like a Jack-N the Box.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Grumpy Bear said:

What was going on with the fuel dilution in this motor? Up and down like a Jack-N the Box.

Ford ECOBOOST of my wife’s she had done “recommended” service by ford dealer since new. It was coked up bad and I cleaned it best I could. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VicFirth said:

I guess they're 20 years behind Renewable Lubricants.  Better late than never?  lol

I really like RLI family farm owned and they have fought for 40 years against big oil makers to get their American made lubricants to market. One giant agri company paid them $ 1 million to delay release of the products once they had gotten HOBS patent. There is NO free market. There’s power and $$. 
Call or email Jackie or Bill Garmier. They are getting up there in age but wonderful folks. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, VicFirth said:

Looks like XOM is coming out with a Mobil 1 Biosynthetic.

image.thumb.png.e5ab8124df602e34a540d2d89ce75a65.png

25% bio probably based on this so it’s probably NOVVI estolides. 

• Thanks 1

Grumpy I have data from years of work. I can’t make pretty charts graphs or do math anymore. You might be able to help me present better. If you are willing. You still have a sharp mind. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, customboss said:

Grumpy I have data from years of work. I can’t make pretty charts graphs or do math anymore. You might be able to help me present better. If you are willing. You still have a sharp mind. 

Sure, I can chart up stuff for you. Wife has a four-day weekend so, I will be hit and miss till Tuesday but watching. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Grumpy Bear said:

Sure, I can chart up stuff for you. Wife has a four-day weekend so, I will be hit and miss till Tuesday but watching. 

TY people will understand better that way before I totally lose it. 

• Like 1