I'm going to show you two plugs, both with ash fouling. This first one is a stock photo and what is feared by many to be the result of using a high ash oil. 

Ash Deposits on Spark Plugs (Causes, Color, Solution) - Bike Restart

This is Peppers plug after 90K miles of Red Line HP

She uses very little oil. Ounces in 5K mile OCI's

Doesn't worry me in the least. 

Runs the same on her new Ruthenium plugs.

image.thumb.jpeg.6a728d1f74d4949b8ef71db2de7689cb.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, txab said:

So you've tested this and recommend it?

Yes both. I consulted for the company 20 years ago and helped them develop a 5w40 low ash racing oil for Audi Racing who had to run DPF’s for their world sports cars ( CANAM ). That oil has become a mainstay of lubricants for gasoline and diesel engines for a long time. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, txab said:

So you've tested this and recommend it?

I know you are not talking to me. Hope you don't mind. I was digging around in my notes I wrote after trying this RLI 5W30 in Pepper once upon a time. I didn't buy it for her just wound up going in her but that is another story. 

My notes on it say that it had a noticeable advantage in lubricity over shelf oils. It runs cool. Quite cool. Notes say even a few degrees cooler than my favorite Red Line. That in itself was pretty remarkable as the Red Line beat Mobil 1 by double digits in that comparison in this truck which beat others like QSUD by upper singles. Slick oil.

Smells good too. Like oil Castor Bean oils from the 60's. :)  

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, customboss said:

Great price on the 5w-30 PCMO 

https://renewablelube.com/products/bio-synxtra-motor-oil

Wow, they must have had a ton of it exra for it still being that price.  I got two cases for the oil changes I do for the friends that can use a break on cost of an oil change.  $3.99 is a great price for this oil.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, customboss said:

Yes both. I consulted for the company 20 years ago and helped them develop a 5w40 low ash racing oil for Audi Racing who had to run DPF’s for their world sports cars ( CANAM ). That oil has become a mainstay of lubricants for gasoline and diesel engines for a long time. 

Ok, just double checking since you say your brain is busted sometimes. 😆  Wanted to make sure this wasn't some figment of your imagination

3 cases FTMFW!

Edited by txab
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, txab said:

Ok, just double checking since you say your brain is busted sometimes. 😆  Wanted to make sure this wasn't some figment of your imagination

17 different drugs have me flying straight and level today! 

• Confused 1