10 hours ago, kevymetal said:

I've said 3 times in this thread that we've started an oil consumption test....

Chill. He's a GM tech and busy as a bee. BIG resource if you allow him to be. 

19 hours ago, kevymetal said:

I've said 3 times in this thread that we've started an oil consumption test....

Sounds like someone could take out the drain plug and let a qt of oil out...  hows that for a test.

Try that new Valvoline oil, think it is restore and protect.. Should clean up the rings, might take two or three oil changes.  They have had success with this with diesel engines. This new formula is for gas engines.  Check it out on YouTube.  Start changing oil at 4k miles. Will clean up the engine. 

On 6/6/2024 at 11:06 AM, kevymetal said:

Yes, I am under warranty still and yes, we have started the oil consumption test. I'm just trying to educate myself. They charged me $170 for diagnostics yesterday because "they didn't find anything wrong". Basically, they will keep charging me their hourly shop rate to try and diagnose the issue, until they find it and determine it's covered under warranty. Even though the advisor agreed with me something seems suspicious. 

Education is expensive 😉. Several ways this can go. 1.) They fix it after the test and extend the warranty.  2.) They do a top end soak, and it works for long enough to consume the remainder of the warranty, or they revert to #1. 3.) They tell you it's normal and we both know it isn't and it will continue to get worse. Question is, when that happens what do you want to do about it? Fix it, or trade it? 

IF you trade it, what did you learn from this experience that will mitigate a repeat? 🤔

IF you wish to fix it, do you wish to benefit from another's experience? :dunno: