I don't see many posts about changing or upgrading the media receiver/radio in these trucks. I have a 2022 Custom with the 7" receiver and really dislike how Google or Android Auto blocks incoming texts and the back up camera is nothing to get excited about either. Would an upgrade fix these issues? What about access to the vehicle settings that are done through the radio/screen?

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, Npd15 said:

This place and site legit?? That screen and such looks amazing lol

Has anyone taken the plunge?   From what I can tell, if you have an IOR unit this might be the only option left,  I thought I had a saved a link for an upgrade from an IOR to full nav but I don't seem to be able to find it anymore.

1 hour ago, KTDanforth said:

Has anyone taken the plunge?   From what I can tell, if you have an IOR unit this might be the only option left,  I thought I had a saved a link for an upgrade from an IOR to full nav but I don't seem to be able to find it anymore.

My 23 Custom has the basic 7” screen and i absolutely hate it. I’ve read everywhere that you can’t upgrade a thing with the radios so seeing this spiked my interest…but $1,200 is a chunk without knowledge on how good this is

For those that hate the standard 7” screen. Why? Seems more than fine to me I dunno. I couldn’t care less about screens in vehicles though. In the house is a different story I have a 86” tv and a rippin atmos home theater. 

Edited by Pryme

I have the 7" in my '23 SLE.  I think it's absolutely great!  My iphone works great and I like the HVAC functions on the display. 

Everything is relative....

Prior to my new truck....I added a 6.2" aftermarket radio with Apple car Play to my '04 F350 ...I thought it was one of the best mods I did to that truck!!!🤣

• Like 2

On 8/26/2024 at 7:55 PM, SoCal Angler said:

I have the 7" in my '23 SLE.  I think it's absolutely great!  My iphone works great and I like the HVAC functions on the display. 

Everything is relative....

Prior to my new truck....I added a 6.2" aftermarket radio with Apple car Play to my '04 F350 ...I thought it was one of the best mods I did to that truck!!!🤣

You have HVAC controls functions on a 7 inch display?  I have and 8 inch on a LT model,  My HVAC will display but can not control them thru the display.

On 8/26/2024 at 4:30 PM, KTDanforth said:

I did finally find the link for the upgrade from the IOR to IOU with Upgraded OEM Nav, see below:

19-22 Silverado Sierra IOR to IOU GPS Navigation Upgrade (infotainment.com)

it not cheap by any means but it is OEM.   I is not that we have two options now.

had both the 7 and 8 in all 3 forms....I have the IOU now but no way I would spend that kinda money for what I have in my High Country....its just not that much different tbh

On 8/26/2024 at 2:29 PM, Npd15 said:

This place and site legit?? That screen and such looks amazing lol

I haven't personally purchased this yet, but this is the website that is referenced in the Youtube install video by Donslife.

On 8/29/2024 at 1:49 PM, KTDanforth said:

You have HVAC controls functions on a 7 inch display?  I have and 8 inch on a LT model,  My HVAC will display but can not control them thru the display.

I can not control functions via display; functions only display status on screen.

Edited by SoCal Angler

• 2 weeks later...

We have an '21 acadia and a '23 sierra.  Both are upper trims.

Both can access and control HVAC settings from the screen.

(I just went out and verified the screen can do control -- we NEVER use the screen controls, so I wanted to be sure.)

IMO, needing to access a different screen to be able to run the HVAC is the stupidest thing the young designers  ever came up with.

Large (reasonably) buttons and knobs are the way to go.  

They are always always accessible without having to change screens. 

HVAC control is one of the things that gets full consideration when we select a vehicle. 

If it forces finding a screen or if it has tiny buttons/knobs, the vehicle gets removed from consideration. 

I also refuse to 'talk' to my vehicles.