7 minutes ago, ScathaTheWorm said:

They are used because they are GENERALLY STOLEN...and once they break they are thrown away. 

The truth that Toyotas are "unbreakable" NEEDS TO STOP. They simply are not. 

I guess you did not consider these...

Chevrolet with gun from BMP-1 in Deir ez-Zor, Syria

Who said that Toyotas never fail?  That Chevy looks like ******.  

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

I wonder if you read my whole post. I drive a very nice old reliable 02 Avalanche. A pre cylinder deactivation, 4 speed automatic. The paint right now looks new. The light under the hood still comes on. It only has 184K miles on it. My trip vehicle has 150K miles on it an Odyssey. My wife’s going to town vehicle a 2011 Genesis has close to 150K on it. So I’m pretty satisfied. Originally I just passed on info for a well known and respected radio show. 

Then that is fine then I guess. You can keep your avalanche..to 2 million miles or more. 

52 minutes ago, customboss said:

Who said that Toyotas never fail?  That Chevy looks like ******.  

And? Most of the Toyotas there also look similar... Point is, these people DO USE other trucks also.  I have seen a photo of an LC70 and an F 250 with rocket launchers somewhere in the Middle East, with the LC70 struggling to hold the weight of the launcher unlike the F 250.. Many also have collapsing bed sides. And yes, they can get blown up like any other truck

I do like the 79 Series Land Cruiser...and if ever I stay in Qatar, I probably may purchase one (with an automatic and a 4.0L V6 in addition to a 6.2 GMC/Chevrolet Truck and maybe another SUV)...but these LC pickups are EXTREMELY overrated for what they are....and do HAVE their limitations. In Toyota Qatar's website..they are classed as a LIGHT COMMERCIAL VEHICLE...but I have seen them carry NOTHING here funnily enough other than livestock or similar ...unlike GMC/Chevrolet pickups. For example, they cannot tow as much as a 2500HD Silverado.

I drove a Land Cruiser GXR V8 2019 as a rental, and that actually shook at speeds closer to 120 km/h...and it was 100% bone stock. Mine had the 4.6L V8, the sound of which I did like...but plenty of other things I did not. 

Bottom line- Toyotas are FINE for what they are designed to do...but of course they can be destroyed as well. 

Edited by ScathaTheWorm