It sounds like you dodged a bullet with your 2019 Trail Boss 5.3. Even though it experienced a lifter issue back in May at 34,000 miles, the extended warranty came through for you! That's fantastic, especially considering the repairs could have cost around $9800. Sure, being without your truck for a month wasn't ideal, but at least the out-of-pocket expense was minimal at $107.

Now, you're wondering if this is a one-time thing or if there's a chance it could happen again. The long diagnosis time suggests there might be something else going on, possibly related to the Dynamic Fuel Management (DFM) system. Here's the good news again: There's a chance the dealership addressed the DFM system during the repair with invoice, potentially preventing future issues.
Regards: 1win apk

Edited by Shadow Fight
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Bob’s Sierra said:

We are now at 10 weeks 

no updates just a big line of bs

now they want their loaner back , all these trucks are giant pieces of ******

all

You get yours when I get mine... if you need it back sooner, report it stolen.

• Like 3

On 7/2/2024 at 5:06 PM, Silverado4x4 said:

Yeah ok then he will be charged with making a false police report being he knows where the vehicle is at.

I think he was referring to the dealer. As in if the dealer wants their loaner back, report it stolen. 

On 7/2/2024 at 10:59 AM, Bob’s Sierra said:

We are now at 10 weeks 

no updates just a big line of bs

now they want their loaner back , all these trucks are giant pieces of ******

all

You need to find a new dealer... I had both lifter banks, camshaft replaced last month when mine took a dump. Was in the shop for 3 weeks. Mine is a 5.3 but still. It shouldnt be taking this long.

Just imagine if you had it loaded up with tools for your trade. My brother has 5 pickups in his yard as backup for that reason. It used to be one. The turn around and waiting to get parts is a problem. Just imagine that happening just before your summer vacation pulling a camper. 

This truck has been to Maine , Montana, and Florida and everywhere in between 

insanely lucky 2 of 3 major instances happened less than 30 miles from home 

one tcm issue happened 200 miles from home luckily I had a friend close by to take my dogs and I home 

40 minutes ago, Bob’s Sierra said:

This truck has been to Maine , Montana, and Florida and everywhere in between 

insanely lucky 2 of 3 major instances happened less than 30 miles from home 

one tcm issue happened 200 miles from home luckily I had a friend close by to take my dogs and I home 

I had one engine problem with a new truck. One of the first V-10 Rams. I was up and running in one week with a new engine under warranty. There was problem with an injector. They didn’t mess around they just replaced the engine at 45K miles. They didn’t make me wait for a tear down. That kept my family in Ram trucks for pulling duty. It wasn’t anything but good service. I strayed to ford for my first 1/2 ton that was an oil burner. Then GM from then on.