24 Sierra Denali drop shackle vibration

I have a brand new Sierra Denali that I had a set of Maxtrac drop shackles put on to take the rake out but like a lot of people here I have the annoying vibration from 28-22MPH on deceleration, and have noticed the longer I drive the truck the worse it gets. Looking through the drop shackle thread below I noticed that some trucks have factory shims that can be turned to fix the issue however my truck does not have them. I like the look it gives the truck but was wondering if anybody on here has a Denali or a Sierra that did not come with factory shims that has come up with a fix besides removing the drop shackles? :D  I will say it does not have the vibration if I put it in neutral. I will post a link to the shackles that I used. Any help will be much appreciated! Thanks!

https://maxtracstore.com/2019-2023-chevy-gmc-1500-w-adaptive-ride-control-2-rear-drop-kit-maxtrac-712120mr/

I got up with Maxtrac yesterday and talked to JJ in tech support and was told to do a set of 2 degree leaf spring shims and that should clear up any vibration. Praying it does the job!👍

For what its worth, i used the 2 degree shims when at the smae time i installed drop shackles at max 2" drop on my 2020 elevation 2wd with the 3.0 Duramax cc shortbed and had no vibration. I removed them when i traded it in for my 2021 rst 6.2 4wd and put the exact same ones on the new truck at the 1.5" drop setting without the 2* shims and have had no vibration in 46k+ miles that ive put on this truck.

2 hours ago, davidr83 said:

For what its worth, i used the 2 degree shims when at the smae time i installed drop shackles at max 2" drop on my 2020 elevation 2wd with the 3.0 Duramax cc shortbed and had no vibration. I removed them when i traded it in for my 2021 rst 6.2 4wd and put the exact same ones on the new truck at the 1.5" drop setting without the 2* shims and have had no vibration in 46k+ miles that ive put on this truck.

Thanks, I’ve had them in for 6 days and no vibrations since:) 

• 2 months later...

Yeah, I did same lowering on  my 20 Elevation with no issues, and yes the level looks so much better. I guess the vibration is luck of the draw. As long as this works, I'm good! 

• Like 1