I need a stock VIN for a 2003 Chevy or GMC: K2500 or K3500, 8.1L manual transmission (to obtain a tune file)

I'm working on a 2003 K2500 Sierra 6.0 5-speed MT that is getting a 8.1L swap.  I have a GM MDI and AC Delco TDS subscription, so all I need is a VIN to obtain a suitable stock tune.  I realize the '03 8.1L applications got the M12 6-speed manual, but I can make a 6-speed MT tune work with the NV4500 5-speed that we will be using.  I can use a Silverado VIN as well.

14 hours ago, David89GMC said:

Just Google the codes for the vehicle you're creating and make up a VIN. See the attachment.

I doubt anyone's going to give you theirs.

GMT800 VIN Decoder - blank.pdf 141.42 kB · 3 downloads

ACDelco TDS / SPS2 won't recognize "generic" VINs, I need an authentic VIN in order to obtain a stock tune file.

15 hours ago, SinisterZ71 said:

ACDelco TDS / SPS2 won't recognize "generic" VINs, I need an authentic VIN in order to obtain a stock tune file.

Time to hit a junk yard and find a deceased truck to borrow a VIN from.  

Could maybe try this one.

1GBJK34U05E120182

It's from a 2005 6.0 manual truck. I think 2003-2005 trucks all use the same APP and TAC modules, so the tune file would technically work. I know that 2006 and 2007 files you can not use with older APP/TAC's as they aren't compatible. May want to look into this a little bit. I tried finding a 2003 file on HP Tuners but got nothing, maybe someone has one but I didn't post a thread about it or anything.