2006 2500hd 6.0 no spark

Hello all, I have a 6.0 with no spark.  65k, very clean truck.  Driving when truck cut out for about 10 seconds, came back on its own, did not put in neutral and crank.  Drove another 2-3 minutes, stopped, truck stalled at idle, will not restart.  Only cel was a random cyl misfire that would only show at highway speeds occasionally, no drive ability issue, and that was ongoing for the last 1 - 2 thousand miles.  

Truck cranks, has fuel at the rail and good fuel pressure both with key on and cranking.  Can also smell fuel when I remove spark plug and crank to check spark.  I have cranking rpms, and I have 13.5 degrees advance at cranking.  I have hot at the coils harness both cranking and key on.  I have ground at the coils harness.  Security light lights at key on and goes out, does not flash.  Checked wiring at ign switch, everything seems good there.  No codes stored.  

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Check out the utube video for the bad ground behind the power steering pump. Not positive it will cure your problem but it fixed the same problem on my friends truck that was driving him nuts. 10 minutes and a couple wire connectors fixed it. I dug the black wire out of the harness ,cut it and spliced in a ground to the firewall. Welcome to the FORUM

Edited by richard wysong

Well, that was it.  I was thinking that ground was for the coils, it is not, it is the pcm ground.  Removed it, jumpered it to the B-, and bingo truck starts, runs.  Thanks !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1