4l80 New torque converter slip 2002 Silverado 2500

Looking for some wisdom here. 

I have a 2002 Silverado 2500 HD 6.0 LQ4 with a 4l80. 

Backstory: I blew the engine at around 200k miles and just replaced it. I figured while i was at it, I might as well replace the torque converter as well. NOTE, I had no issues with the old torque converter or the 4l80. It shifted smoothly consistently. 

I got this torque converter for the 4l80: https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/pro-king-automatic-transmission-remanufactured-torque-converter-gm88h/10011464-p?product_channel=local&store=9892&adtype=pla_with_promotion&product_channel=local&store_code=9892&&&&&gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAiArLyuBhA7EiwA-qo80JeskOfw5S1-A-xYYUBwIeJOBIBiQn3lfeBvRNIgPmm54JJ2XL0oDBoCPgMQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

It's a remanufactured 4l80 Torque converter with a 2200-2400 stall which I believe it a bit more than stock. 

It got installed properly, filled with about 1.3 quarts atf before installation but has been giving me issues since. 

Upon start up, the converter slips with a bit of a shudder before shifting into first gear and continues to slip in first gear if anything more than a gentle push on the gas pedal is used. However, after about 10 minutes of driving, this goes back to normal and it will get into first just fine unless it's on a steep hill. The converter still revs up and slips as it goes into 2nd, third or 4th gear somewhat but I think that may be due to the slightly higher stall... 

Anyway, I wondered if it could be due to the computer learning the new converter and put about 150 miles on the truck but it still does the same on startup. As far as I know, I didn't loose fluid during the torque converter change but I'm planning on changing the transmission fluid this weekend to see if it helps. 

Does this ring a bell with anyone's experience? I'm not a professional mechanic but something seems wrong here. Is it a faulty remanufactured converter or does it sound like user error. As far as I can tell, none of the slippage is due to the transmission. 

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to pull the 4l80 to replace the converter but will if that's what's needed. 

Thanks

Thanks for the input

I don't have a tool that can read the slip speed but it was enough to send a p1870 which I cleared and then it came back after about 50-80 miles

Im not exactly sure how much fluid it has although it was enough for the previous torque converter to not slip. The only fluid I lost during the engine replacement was the fluid inside the old torque converter. I filled the new one with about 1.5 quarts and

I've ordered a lower stall replacement converter and plan on swapping them out this weekend as well as a full trans fluid flush& filter replacement. I'll send an update on results. Fingers crossed