Silverado 2021 Custom Trailboss 5.3 problems and questions

I have loud noises either coming from the tires or from driveline only 40,000 mi on it anyone else dealt with this? Also need trans fluid recommendations is it the Dex6 or is it Dex HP? The transmission kind has a little shift flair or slide bump shift from 1st to 2nd I hope this truck isn't starting to fall apart. The noise I mentioned is crazy loud even can feel vibrations through the floor when getting up to speed is it these tires or is there some other possible issue? It comes with these off road tires any input on this I would appreciate thank you.

Edited by Rob Paul
Fixing vocab

It's the 6 speed sorry forgot to add that. Have you heard any driveline noise on these trucks being this new?

Edited by Rob Paul

11 hours ago, Rob Paul said:

I have loud noises either coming from the tires or from driveline only 40,000 mi on it anyone else dealt with this? Also need trans fluid recommendations is it the Dex6 or is it Dex HP? The transmission kind has a little shift flair or slide bump shift from 1st to 2nd I hope this truck isn't starting to fall apart. The noise I mentioned is crazy loud even can feel vibrations through the floor when getting up to speed is it these tires or is there some other possible issue? It comes with these off road tires any input on this I would appreciate thank you.

Goodyear Dura Tracs are normally noisy tires if that is what you have. Crazy loud? Not sure what that means. There have been posts on here about updated trans fluid for earlier T1s. I would contact your dealer about the latest transmission fluid recommendation.

They are just way louder than I would ever expect a new truck like this to sound. Sounds like when my front wheel hub assembly was bad on my 01 Silverado 1500. I've also never had tires with this much of an off road type tread though. Yep I have the Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs.

Edited by Rob Paul

40k on Dura Tracs?  Even if you regularly rotated them every 5k miles they still get more noisy at that mileage.

Are the outer treads cupping?  Have you been keeping air pressure up at the recommended pressure?

More than likely time to get a better tire. 

Just bought the truck can hardly afford the payments, but I'm betting your right they are getting some wear on them. Time to shell out some more money for some tires. My old 2001 1500 Silverado is much more affordable lol easy to work on and the vortec engines are really dependable got 140,000 on it still runs like new. Thanks for your advice I'll try to update my results when I get some new tires.

Edited by Rob Paul

If your tires still have okay tread on them, ask for them back when you buy new ones.

Some young shmuck kid will likely buy them for pretty cheap on marketplace. And who knows you may get $200-250 back from selling the old ones.

Edited by CamGTP