Valve Body Replacement - 2023 Silverado Custom Trail Boss

On 7/21/2024 at 8:44 AM, DT13 said:

Just to add to the list. 2022 GMC 3.0L 25k.  Brought truck into dealership in June with reduced acceleration and two codes on check engine. 3 days to diagnose new valve body ordered June 21st.  They told me two weeks for the part now no ETA.  Hated being lied to about the time for the part.  I get it is out of their control but don’t say two weeks when you know it won’t be there.  After reading many posts here I’m hoping I don’t have to have two or three replaced. 

Our team regrets to hear of this current concern you have with your vehicle and would like to assist in any way that we can. To do so, please send us an email to [email protected]. Be sure to include your Username and Forum name in the subject line with additional details. We look forward to hearing from you. 

Just bought a used 2022 Chevrolet Trail Boss with the Duramax in July. Had 34,000 miles on it. Had the truck for about 4 hours before it had a harsh shift into reverse and went into limp mode and was prompted me to service the transmission. Great. Brought it back to the dealer and was told they would get right on the repair. Well here we are 2 weeks later. Truck sitting on the lot, they know it's a valve body replacement but can't even give me an estimated ETA on repair because they have no idea when the part may become available. What a way to ring in trying a GM full size for the first time. The only good news is this year is one where many family and friends are looking to upgrade their current trucks and purchase new or slightly used ones and I can confidently tell them to avoid a GM at all costs.

Edited by SamuelfromKS

On 7/15/2024 at 6:58 PM, KCc said:

Dealing with this same issue! Extremely frustrating My 2022 trail boss after 3 weeks of owning it ,is in a dealership in British Columbia,Canada waiting for a valve body and was told it’s all on back order I even called every dealership in bc ,Alberta and Saskatchewan and even in the states and nothing !! GM needs to do something about this absolute bs !! No information on a ETA or anything ! I have been told by multiple people that is this such an on going issue people are waiting months and just end up buying new vehicles!!not happy at all !

My truck has now been in the shop a whole month longer than I actually had it & just to be clear I brought my truck and /////SHERWOOD PARK CHEVROLET ——-EDMONTON—— not impressed at all with this dealership hasn’t returned any on my calls or even bother to check in after I phoned them and told them what going there response was what do you want us to do about it ! Still no ETA on parts Pdd right off 

I have a new 6.2 L Sierra AT4 almost ready to pick up at the dealer. Its a 2024 and through the dealers PDI they noticed the truck would not go above 30 MPH. The tech diagnosed the truck with needing a new valve body. Could there be anything else causing the valve body to fail? The truck is new and oly has 19 miles on it.They are putting one in now but I do not have to take delivery if I dont want to. Could there be anything else wrong? Should I be concerned? Your thoughts and advice are appreciated.

2022 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT Limited.  Parked the truck this past Friday, got back in it next morning, no reverse to back out of the dooryard.  Diagnosed valve body assembly.  Portsmouth NH Chevrolet advised the had a brand new truck drive off the lot and same issue.  This is a known issue that GM is keeping semi silent but they’ve been good to give me a comparable loaner for the time it will be down.  Part is on national back order and they have no clue when it will be in 

8 hours ago, Keitho8508 said:

2022 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT Limited.  Parked the truck this past Friday, got back in it next morning, no reverse to back out of the dooryard.  Diagnosed valve body assembly.  Portsmouth NH Chevrolet advised the had a brand new truck drive off the lot and same issue.  This is a known issue that GM is keeping semi silent but they’ve been good to give me a comparable loaner for the time it will be down.  Part is on national back order and they have no clue when it will be in 

We understand how unexpected vehicle concerns can be quite worrisome and would like to take a moment to further review this with you on our end. To get started, please send us an email to [email protected]. Make sure to include your Username and Forum name in the subject line with additional details. We will watch for your response. 

2022 chevrolet silverado been at the dealer since april 26. They finally mimicked what it did to me at home randomly 2 weeks later (when putting it in reverse it wouldn't go unless i pushed the gas pedal pretty deep. Happened like 5 times during a course of 2 months randomly) said it was the valve body and placed the order may 13 with no eta. I created a claim with gm in june and every time i call or email i get the same response. Sorry for the delay no eta as soon as we have an update we will call or email you. My adjuster at the dealer contacted me june 18 just to tell me no eta keep waiting. That was the last contact i have had from him! I have called and every time hes busy or not in and someone else just says looks here like we still have no eta and thats it. I call and email gm same response. I know im not the only one but seems here alot of you got the part within 2 months or so. I do have a loaner but it is an equinox! Nothing compared to my silverado. Im beyond frustrated and all i want is my truck back!! Friday i called gm again and  A supervisor from was supposed to call me within 24 hours. They said give it to Monday given that it was friday around 3pm. No call today! Called again earlier today and they said give it another day because maybe the supervisor was off today. 

Chevy0922, get your service manager involved. Go to the dealership in person, no calls. Talk to the service manager and parts manager and very nicely plead your case.  If you can get them involved they can do wonders. There is a huge difference between putting a part request into a computer vs activity tracking down the part. My service manager was able to get a replacement transmission in about a month. No telling what parts are setting on a shelf out there in Podunk USA. 

• Thanks 1

I am also another victim of the failed valve body for my 2019 1500 chevy silverado. Been waiting on a part since June 10th, so 8 weeks, with no ETA. The worst part is that the dealership doesn't have any loaner vehicles for me. So i am out a vehicle, and is a terrible stress to my life. I was a life long Chevy supporter, but not anymore :( 

Few questions for y'all who may know more about GMC than I. 

- the original part number for the valve body is 24042442 and the new one is 19433543. Was the original valve body incorrectly manufactured and now they are making the new one? I wonder when they got the new supplier for the valve bodies and when those will start to be produced for our trucks. Seems like none have been made yet since we are all waiting. 

- I could replace with the original part # but i am assuming it will just fail again? 

- Has anyone received a remanufactured valve yet? If so how long did it take? Or is everyone in the nation waiting on this part and no one has one yet. 

- Has anyone had any luck getting a rental car reimbursed? If so how long does it take for GMC to reimburse you? 

Thanks y'all and best of luck to all of us on getting our trucks back! 

I was listening to this weekends CarPro radio show while on my morning walk. A guy called in about the redesigned Tacoma. He was concerned about the new model and potential first year problems. The host explained there’s always that possibility. Then he mentioned that Toyota had a recent problem with the new V-6 in the Tundra. There’s about 100K of them that fall under that run. They are fixing them no question asked with new engines. Originally they were changing short blocks. That took too long so new engines are going in. If yours is running they’ll get to them later. The problem has been fixed going forward. So he told the guy he wouldn’t be concerned with a new model run with Toyota. 

• Like 1

2022 gmc sierra sle limited, 19000 miles. Same issue, no reverse, reduced speed mode. Need valve body replaced. Part on back order with no eta. Been sitting at dealer since June 26th. Dealer was able to give me a loaner after a month. What I understand is if a loaner isn’t available, dealer can arrange for third party rental. My concern is that I’m losing warranty and I don’t have use of my truck. Is gm going to start to extend warranties for the time that is being lost? Seems only fair to me, after all it’s no one’s fault but theirs. 

9 hours ago, KARNUT said:

I was listening to this weekends CarPro radio show while on my morning walk. A guy called in about the redesigned Tacoma. He was concerned about the new model and potential first year problems. The host explained there’s always that possibility. Then he mentioned that Toyota had a recent problem with the new V-6 in the Tundra. There’s about 100K of them that fall under that run. They are fixing them no question asked with new engines. Originally they were changing short blocks. That took too long so new engines are going in. If yours is running they’ll get to them later. The problem has been fixed going forward. So he told the guy he wouldn’t be concerned with a new model run with Toyota. 

The topic here is Valve Body Replacement - 2023 Silverado Custom Trail Boss. Why are you posting about Toyota? Stay on topic.

26 minutes ago, Bikerjon said:

The topic here is Valve Body Replacement - 2023 Silverado Custom Trail Boss. Why are you posting about Toyota? Stay on topic.

Kiss it.

• Haha 1

Tom73, so i called monday morning and finally got the great news the part for my vehicle was in. Keep in mind this part was originally ordered for another silverado but they ended up trading it in and it was sent to auction. I was next in line for the part so i got it. Will be getting my vehicle back on Friday finally!! I emailed gm agent in charge of my case to let her know and politely asked for a refund for the 3 months my vehicle was in the shop and she said because i was provided a loaner they wont be issuing any refund. Mind you the loaner i was provided was an equinox which im grateful for but not a comparable vehicle to my silverado. I was hoping they would refund if not all 3 payments partial. I have seen many others get a refund. Not sure how that works. Im just glad i will have my vehicle back friday.

Took a little over 3 months! Hang in there everyone!! 

Update . Received the new part in 3 weeks installed in one day . Lets hope it lasts. Service manager says its a new part.

2023 AT4 1500 3.0L Diesel. 34K kms. Vancouver B.C.