Valve Body Replacement - 2023 Silverado Custom Trail Boss

I also have the same issue.  Dropped my 2023 Silverado 1500 3.0 Diesel at the Dealer on June 4th.  Called them this week and they have no eta.

I called Chevrolet Canada and opened a case with them.  They are going to contact the dealer to see what they can do (either get me a real eta or see if they'll approve a transmission replacement).

Has anyone heard on a firm eta yet?

Update: got mine back after 5 weeks with a remanufactured transmission. Running great. 
Think the key is to get the service manager and parts manager involved and invested. In my case they got involved and actively searched for what was needed. Otherwise it just goes into a computer queue and no telling when something will pop up. 

Greetings,

I am a recent addition to this forum and the owner of a 2024 AT4 with 20,000 miles. I was told in early June that my truck requires a new valve body.

Regrettably, my vehicle has been at the dealer in Highland Ranch, CO for nearly six weeks. This has significantly disrupted my summer plans, as I have been informed that the valve box or transmission may take an additional month to be fixed.

It appears to me this issue is not new and I am concerned that GM has not taken necessary preemptive measures to rectify it. The situation is particularly distressing as I frequently use my truck for towing my boat and other recreational equipment. I have been forced to cancel several camping and boating reservations, causing for some very upset teenagers who were anticipating these activities with extended family and thier friends. 

Moreover, I will be unable to attend my family reunion next week as I am unable to tow my camper to the off-grid camping site our family traditionally uses.

I am beginning to ponder if this could be a ground for a class action lawsuit. It appears that GM was aware of these recurring issues yet failed to proactively address them. This has resulted in not only a financial burden but also a loss of precious moments with my family.

I am eager to hear if anyone else has considered legal recourse in light of these developments.

Mark

2023 at4 2500 duramax. 12,600 miles.

P0747 code- light cleared itself after a few engine cycles.

dealers just told me valve body replacement… no ETA. Said I’m fine to drive local since the light cleared itself but now towing and don’t leave town.

wife is 38 weeks pregnant. 
sure glad I upgraded the pickup to this less than 30 days ago so I wouldn’t have any ‘surprises’. 
hopefully, all is well an d new valve bodies show up soon!

Created an account to add on to this thread. 2023 Sierra with the 5.3L, less than a year old. Sudden harsh shifts followed by limp mode. Got it to the nearest dealership where it’s been sitting since mid May. Needs a valve body. Backordered, no ETA. Going on 8 weeks now. Suggested transmission replacement to expedite repair, was told no.

I had to foot the bill for a rental the first 10 days (dealership had no loaners available). Been in various Buick Encores since then. I’m a contractor. I have a truck for a reason. An encore fits my tool bag, a few drill cases, minimal material, and that’s it. I can’t even get a ladder in there. Dealership’s stance is “that’s all we have, take it or leave it.” I’ve had to rent trucks (while in possession of the loaner Encore) to get tools, ladders, and materials to jobsites. I want my truck back.

I gave GM a shot after massive trouble with the EcoBoost engine on my F-150 I had previously. I didn’t think things could be any worse than that experience. Boy was I wrong. At least the F-150 waited until around 70,000 miles to start acting up. This truck has less than half of that. I’m beside myself that (a) this is happening, with much more prevalence than I thought, and (b), the general attitude of anyone at GM I’ve spoken to is “that’s just how things are” or a line of scripted corporate lip service.

If this happens to you, I sincerely hope your experience is better than mine has been so far.

On 7/5/2024 at 12:27 PM, neelaghora said:

I also have the same issue.  Dropped my 2023 Silverado 1500 3.0 Diesel at the Dealer on June 4th.  Called them this week and they have no eta.

I called Chevrolet Canada and opened a case with them.  They are going to contact the dealer to see what they can do (either get me a real eta or see if they'll approve a transmission replacement).

Has anyone heard on a firm eta yet?

I received a response that was basically an eff off. 

They said they’ll give me an eta when they find out and if I want a new transmission I’m welcome to pay for it. 

First time buying Chevy and likely the last time.

Dealing with this same issue! Extremely frustrating My 2022 trail boss after 3 weeks of owning it ,is in a dealership in British Columbia,Canada waiting for a valve body and was told it’s all on back order I even called every dealership in bc ,Alberta and Saskatchewan and even in the states and nothing !! GM needs to do something about this absolute bs !! No information on a ETA or anything ! I have been told by multiple people that is this such an on going issue people are waiting months and just end up buying new vehicles!!not happy at all !

I'm in the same predicament.  We have a 2023 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD with 21,000 miles. On May 4, it was saying to power down. Took it into Chevy dealer and it was diagnosed with Code PO747 00 transmission - valve body valve stuck.  It was on backorder indefinitely. Called GM and created a case # and case manager. I emailed her back and forth almost every day. After 8 weeks being in the shop waiting for the part, they called and said that they were going to install a new transmission.  We were excited. Picked up our truck after 9 weeks. We drove it for 1 week, 7 days and 500 miles, and the transmission when out again with the same problem, body valve.  That was July 16. 

We rented a jeep first when they said that would reimburse us, but we let them know that we needed a 1 ton truck to haul horses and equipment. So, they told us that we could rent one.  I have sent in both rental invoices to GM.  The 1st rental has been approved for est. $1600, but we still have not received a check to pay our CC and it has been 50 days. When I asked them when it was mailed, they couldn't tell me, but said that it takes 6-8 wks to receive it when mailed. Whaaaat??? 

The 2nd invoice has been turned in to be processed and it was for a 3500 chevy truck w/gooseneck that we needed. It rented for $1000 a week. So that invoice is for over $6,000. 

Who knows when we will receive that reimbursement check. Now we are out a truck again and $8,500 on our CC.  

Now, I am trying to have them approve another rental for a 1 ton truck to haul horses to pasture, but so far they haven't called me back. I plan on calling every day or twice a day it they won't return my calls. If just not right that we pay for these expensive truck and vehicles with warrant in good faith that they can repair a defective part. 

I'm entertaining calling a lawyer and finding out if we have an rights and what about the lemon law is in NM. I'm not trusting this trucks transmission is going to be reliable hauling stuff if we get it repaired. 

If anybody knows of a Class Action lawsuit, please let us know, I'm all in.  

On 7/15/2024 at 5:58 PM, KCc said:

Dealing with this same issue! Extremely frustrating My 2022 trail boss after 3 weeks of owning it ,is in a dealership in British Columbia,Canada waiting for a valve body and was told it’s all on back order I even called every dealership in bc ,Alberta and Saskatchewan and even in the states and nothing !! GM needs to do something about this absolute bs !! No information on a ETA or anything ! I have been told by multiple people that is this such an on going issue people are waiting months and just end up buying new vehicles!!not happy at all !

I’m in BC as well. What stealership are you dealing with?

6 hours ago, Marcy Christie said:

I'm in the same predicament.  We have a 2023 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD with 21,000 miles. On May 4, it was saying to power down. Took it into Chevy dealer and it was diagnosed with Code PO747 00 transmission - valve body valve stuck.  It was on backorder indefinitely. Called GM and created a case # and case manager. I emailed her back and forth almost every day. After 8 weeks being in the shop waiting for the part, they called and said that they were going to install a new transmission.  We were excited. Picked up our truck after 9 weeks. We drove it for 1 week, 7 days and 500 miles, and the transmission when out again with the same problem, body valve.  That was July 16. 

We rented a jeep first when they said that would reimburse us, but we let them know that we needed a 1 ton truck to haul horses and equipment. So, they told us that we could rent one.  I have sent in both rental invoices to GM.  The 1st rental has been approved for est. $1600, but we still have not received a check to pay our CC and it has been 50 days. When I asked them when it was mailed, they couldn't tell me, but said that it takes 6-8 wks to receive it when mailed. Whaaaat??? 

The 2nd invoice has been turned in to be processed and it was for a 3500 chevy truck w/gooseneck that we needed. It rented for $1000 a week. So that invoice is for over $6,000. 

Who knows when we will receive that reimbursement check. Now we are out a truck again and $8,500 on our CC.  

Now, I am trying to have them approve another rental for a 1 ton truck to haul horses to pasture, but so far they haven't called me back. I plan on calling every day or twice a day it they won't return my calls. If just not right that we pay for these expensive truck and vehicles with warrant in good faith that they can repair a defective part. 

I'm entertaining calling a lawyer and finding out if we have an rights and what about the lemon law is in NM. I'm not trusting this trucks transmission is going to be reliable hauling stuff if we get it repaired. 

If anybody knows of a Class Action lawsuit, please let us know, I'm all in.  

There are currently 2 Class Action Lawsuits in progress relating to valve bodies.  Just Google it.  Also, what rental agency did you find who would allow towing, and a 1 ton truck?

So some information for you. I have a close friend who works for GM. As of yesterday, he said there were currently 40 trucks at his dealership alone with the valve body issues. These are all 2023 and 2024 GM pickups. The interesting thing is that the "Allison" 10 speed transmission used in the 2500 and 3500 trucks is also a close twin to the jointly developed transmission used in the Ford F250 and F350 lines. They have a sister dealership that sells Ford. He said they get calls daily from the Ford side asking them if they are seeing any parts arriving at the GM side. There is also a Dodge transmission that is experiencing the same issues in a transmission that was also jointly developed with "Allison". Now I'm no telepathic, but to me this issues seems systemic and based on my buddies conversation with his regional GM rep, the higher ups are remaining tight lipped on what they are doing to remedy the issue. My 2022 Silverado 2500 Duramax has been good so far. People are not happy. Several that I'm aware of have had their trucks purchased back by GM. Not fun.

1 hour ago, mrusson said:

So some information for you. I have a close friend who works for GM. As of yesterday, he said there were currently 40 trucks at his dealership alone with the valve body issues. These are all 2023 and 2024 GM pickups. The interesting thing is that the "Allison" 10 speed transmission used in the 2500 and 3500 trucks is also a close twin to the jointly developed transmission used in the Ford F250 and F350 lines. They have a sister dealership that sells Ford. He said they get calls daily from the Ford side asking them if they are seeing any parts arriving at the GM side. There is also a Dodge transmission that is experiencing the same issues in a transmission that was also jointly developed with "Allison". Now I'm no telepathic, but to me this issues seems systemic and based on my buddies conversation with his regional GM rep, the higher ups are remaining tight lipped on what they are doing to remedy the issue. My 2022 Silverado 2500 Duramax has been good so far. People are not happy. Several that I'm aware of have had their trucks purchased back by GM. Not fun.

Your friend works for a GM dealership, not GM.

The Ram transmission is an AISIN, not an ALLISON.  

• Haha 1

Hello! We just bought a 2020 gmc sierra back in January for my husbands work truck and this last week it has thrown the code for the valve body to be replaced. We are stuck in the same boat as everyone else with the part being on back order. Just curious to how long it’s been for some of you to get it fixed and if it’s still fixed with a the valve body or getting a new transmission all together? We can’t wait for months since this is his only vehicle to work in 

Just to add to the list. 2022 GMC 3.0L 25k.  Brought truck into dealership in June with reduced acceleration and two codes on check engine. 3 days to diagnose new valve body ordered June 21st.  They told me two weeks for the part now no ETA.  Hated being lied to about the time for the part.  I get it is out of their control but don’t say two weeks when you know it won’t be there.  After reading many posts here I’m hoping I don’t have to have two or three replaced.