Valve Body Replacement - 2023 Silverado Custom Trail Boss

I spoke to my dealership yesterday and was told the same thing.  They are looking at end of July/beginning of August for the part.   This would mean the truck has has been/will be in the shop for 3 1/2 months out of the first 14 months of ownership (assuming that it back in my possession by early August).  

5 hours ago, CWes said:

I spoke to my dealership yesterday and was told the same thing.  They are looking at end of July/beginning of August for the part.   This would mean the truck has has been/will be in the shop for 3 1/2 months out of the first 14 months of ownership (assuming that it back in my possession by early August).  

It's criminal, I am in the same boat, two months already with no ETA in sig

My dealership has a new transmission with the new part in stock for over 6 weeks now ready to install but GM says no, wait on a part with not ETA in sight and hope it works...

Edited by ChevyWild

1 minute ago, ChevyWild said:

Luckily I know the Senator in my state and will be contacting he and the State Attorney General if my situation is not resolved sooner than later, I am fed up and the company does not care at all.

LMAO.  Out of their control so good luck with that.  

Update on my vehicle 7 weeks and counting. Dealership last week felt a decision to install a new transmission would be approved by GM but GM denied. Back to square one waiting on a Valve body with no ETA in sight. To make things worse,dealer has taken the loaner away because GM won't compensate.  It's been near two months with two truck payments and insurance and now I am walking with a vehicle sitting in the shop with 17k miles..I understand things happen but this company could care less about it's customers. Technically speaking, the manufacturer is paid once the new vehicles are dropped off at the dealership so who cares, they have there money..

On 6/27/2024 at 4:04 PM, newdude said:

No way to ensure that.  You get what they send, that's how it works.  

5 minutes ago, ChevyWild said:

Update on my vehicle 7 weeks and counting. Dealership last week felt a decision to install a new transmission would be approved by GM but GM denied. Back to square one waiting on a Valve body with no ETA in sight. To make things worse,dealer has taken the loaner away because GM won't compensate.  It's been near two months with two truck payments and insurance and now I am walking with a vehicle sitting in the shop with 17k miles..I understand things happen but this company could care less about it's customers. Technically speaking, the manufacturer is paid once the new vehicles are dropped off at the dealership so who cares, they have there money..

How it works, do you know?

My family owned a Chevy store for over 45 years and I worked 16 years selling over 5000 new and used GM  vehicles, best believe I earned my stripes and am very familiar with the laws on both sides of the coin. I guess what I don't understand is what has changed the past 10 years, Seems like it's went backwards..

Just now, ChevyWild said:

How it works, do you know?

My family owned a Chevy store for over 45 years and I worked 16 years selling over 5000 new and used GM  vehicles, best believe I earned my stripes and am very familiar with the laws on both sides of the coin. I guess what I don't understand is what has changed the past 10 years, Seems like it's went backwards..

When's the last time you actually worked at the store?  16 years, but that could have been any period of time ago.  

I'm currently on year 15.  

That comment I replied to:

"Make sure the transmission has the new redesigned valve body, otherwise you will be back in the shop in 10k."

That's just not a thing that is done or can be done.  If GM had a known published batch of parts in a component, GM would have a Julian window of known parts and would recall sold ones, and then special return all existing stock from dealers and PDCs.  Be it boxed valve bodies or valve bodies in that window of production.  

One of the current 10 speed gas valve body number for 2021-2025 transmissions is current as of May 2022.  So that same p/n has been in production since then.  There are no special returns or recalls that I've seen.  Any sold or installed since that changeover are still in transmissions.  There are also obviously multiple valve bodies depending on year of the truck, cable or shift by wire, gas vs diesel.  

28 minutes ago, newdude said:

When's the last time you actually worked at the store?  16 years, but that could have been any period of time ago.  

I'm currently on year 15.  

That comment I replied to:

"Make sure the transmission has the new redesigned valve body, otherwise you will be back in the shop in 10k."

That's just not a thing that is done or can be done.  If GM had a known published batch of parts in a component, GM would have a Julian window of known parts and would recall sold ones, and then special return all existing stock from dealers and PDCs.  Be it boxed valve bodies or valve bodies in that window of production.  

One of the current 10 speed gas valve body number for 2021-2025 transmissions is current as of May 2022.  So that same p/n has been in production since then.  There are no special returns or recalls that I've seen.  Any sold or installed since that changeover are still in transmissions.  There are also obviously multiple valve bodies depending on year of the truck, cable or shift by wire, gas vs diesel.  

I got out of the business in 2014., 16 years prior to that GM

I agree, you get what they send but the manufacturer would take care of customer back in the day,especially under new car bumper to bumper warranty. Obviously things have changed but I may have made the mistake of taking my vehicle to a smaller dealer that's been in business 60 years but grandfathered in, perhaps bigger dealers get priority now for its customers? I chose the smaller local dealer because of convenience. Having my own business hard to get away into the city..

Anyways, it's a sore subject.  I missed my older boys growing up working 60-70 hours a week promoting GM Chevy Cadillac Buick GMC Pontiac Oldsmobile and here I am 😆 🤣  Personally buying a new vehicle is the worst investment you can make yet I contributed and here we are, broke down and  no parts under warranty, did not imagine this would be a problem..

I am going to check my shoe manufacturer to see if they have any warranty on my shoes since I'm walking..

30 minutes ago, William Sheppard said:

Contact GM customer service to get your rental car extended.  They will take care of you.

Dealer told me in a nice way wouldn't hurt his feelings if I took it elsewhere. I would have it towed to another dealer if GM would cover current dealers time and trouble..