Valve Body Replacement - 2023 Silverado Custom Trail Boss

On 6/4/2024 at 6:33 PM, Jeffdew said:

I would love to hear about the transmission replacement.  My 2021 Silverado has been at the dealership for 2 months waiting on a back-ordered valve body and no end in site.   I’ve asked for a new transmission and been told no.  

I am in the same boat as you. My dealership has had the new transmission ready to install for 6 weeks now but GM says no, would rather me wait on a Valve Body Part with no ETA in sight. This is flat out criminal for a truck  under factory new car warranty coverage with 17k miles. 

On 6/22/2024 at 1:21 PM, William Sheppard said:

If you are still within warranty, contact GMC customer service.  They will start a case and help to expidite the part order.  The process is after first contact, wait 2 weeks, and then theu escalate to parts division, within 48 hrs theparts division will contact you to let you know how long.  My 48 hrs was Friday, so i should get a call on Monday.  

On 6/22/2024 at 1:21 PM, William Sheppard said:

If you are still within warranty, contact GMC customer service.  They will start a case and help to expidite the part order.  The process is after first contact, wait 2 weeks, and then theu escalate to parts division, within 48 hrs theparts division will contact you to let you know how long.  My 48 hrs was Friday, so i should get a call on Monday.  

I have followed this process over 6 weeks now and it's been nothing but a complete run around, no one knows what is going on at GM.  From one advisor to the Part advisor to no end in sight, Part advisor doesn't understand why the district manager has not approved the transmission to be replaced and have me back on the road. Part is on National backorder with no ETA in sight almost 7 weeks now. Dealer has a new TRANSMISSION ready to install now for over a month, GM will not approve, no guarantee the Valve Body will fix my vehicle even if the part does come available, will need a new transmission anyways.  

Two months of monthly payments and insurance have already had to cancel the family vacation, this has been a nightmare. I would have never imagined a truck under new vehicle warranty 17k miles would be sitting at a dealership waiting on a part with no ETA in sight, it's not like we are driving Lambo's and Bugatti's.....

On 6/19/2024 at 3:22 PM, Tom73 said:

Remanufactured. 

My dealership has a new transmission in stock while I wait on a Part with no ETA that may not even fix the problem, i would need a new transmission anyways. I can't understand why A. Install the new transmission and get me back on the road or B. Take out the Valve Body in the new transmission in stock and use it on my truck then send it back to resold and REMANUFACTURED?

28 minutes ago, William Sheppard said:

They proably dont want to replace the full transmission because it has the same faulty valve body.

This is a nightmare.... At this point maybe a buy back should be looked at..

With no Valve Bodies available, I was approved for a Transmission, which are also unavailable.  A valve body showed up first and was installed last week.  I've had a couple abnormal shifting incidents since.🤬  Just FYI, there are currently 2 Class Action Lawsuits pertaining to valve body problems in the 8 speed transmissions.  Our 10 speed transmissions are now in the spotlight as well with the same problem.  I'm not finding a Class Action as of today but there is evidence out there that a case is being built.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ScubaSco said:

With no Valve Bodies available, I was approved for a Transmission, which are also unavailable.  A valve body showed up first and was installed last week.  I've had a couple abnormal shifting incidents since.🤬  Just FYI, there are currently 2 Class Action Lawsuits pertaining to valve body problems in the 8 speed transmissions.  Our 10 speed transmissions are now in the spotlight as well with the same problem.  I'm not finding a Class Action as of today but there is evidence out there that a case is being built.  

My vehicle is a 21 TB 6.2 10 speed with 17k miles. It is clear that customer care will only give you the run around and deflect. Unfortunately the more you complain, the more you get black balled and moved to the back of the line. 

Edited by ChevyWild

On 1/17/2024 at 12:57 AM, Michael Lung said:

Wanted to reach out to the forum to see if any one has needed a valve body replaced for their 2023 Silverado? I'm currently in the process waiting on the part to show up at the dealer, going on for about a month now. 

I bought the truck new in Jan 2023, 5.3L Custom Trail Boss, and everything was fine till about 15K miles when I noticed a very hard downshift when accelerating, anywhere between 30-70mph. Usually the shifts were very violent, sometimes even turning my cruise control off because the truck chirped the tires and broke traction. Eventually took the truck to the dealer late November 2023 and they tried the software approach, which I understand, but no dice on that being the fix. I did some self-diagnosing and realized the hard shifts only started happening around 140 degrees on the transmission gauge and somewhere between 6-8 gear. Was able to get the truck back in to the dealer mid-Dec 2023 due to their availability, and was diagnosed with the valve body needing to be replaced on the transmission, and now stuck waiting for the part. 

Per the Service Advisor, there is already a new part number and a new manufacturer for the valve bodies, so perhaps GM is addressing a somewhat of an issue with the original valve body? Now the weird part is apparently GM is beholden to this manufacturer on when they ship out these valve bodies as parts orders, only receiving shipment once the local region has hit a certain quota, per the Service Advisor. I mean, at least GM has me in a comparable rental, but I sure would like to be back in my truck at this point. Curious if any forum member has had a similar issue in getting a new valve body for these 10-speeds on the '23 Silverado?  

Hey guys, Im in the same situation, 2022 Chev Trail boss 6.2 gas engine with 31k on it, transmission valve body goes, Im waiting since June 6 so coming on 4 weeks now no truck they have me driving a kia for f sakes, I just bought a boat last year and own a 27foot camping trailer sounds like we might have to cancel our vacation this summer what a nightmare, I will never buy chev again, I live in NS Canada but same dame issue with the trans so something is going on here, meanwhile I keep paying my $850 month payment and stuck driving this Kia. I will keep following this thread, thanks, Shaun Linden

Quick update for some of you who are still sitting in the dark.  

My truck has been at the dealer since 5/6.  I was pushing for a new transmission (which are also backordered) and a valve body happened to pop up.  Dealer texted me on 6/12 to tell me that a valve body just shipped and they were expecting it to arrive the week of the 24th (this week).  No word on it arriving just yet, fingers crossed this actually fixes the problem and it doesn't just break down again like others are experiencing.  

13 hours ago, GPplumbing said:

Quick update for some of you who are still sitting in the dark.  

My truck has been at the dealer since 5/6.  I was pushing for a new transmission (which are also backordered) and a valve body happened to pop up.  Dealer texted me on 6/12 to tell me that a valve body just shipped and they were expecting it to arrive the week of the 24th (this week).  No word on it arriving just yet, fingers crossed this actually fixes the problem and it doesn't just break down again like others are experiencing.  

My timeline is very similar to yours, truck has been at the dealership since May 11th. I was initially told it was a transmission, dealer found a transmission and had it shipped in two days out of Cincinatti. Dealer was ready to install but GM said no, try the VALVE BODY first which is of course on National Back order no ETA.  If the Valve Body ever does arrive and it does not work, then it's a new transmission. I could have had my truck back by May 2oth yet it's June 25th and no resolution in sight...

14 hours ago, Novi Medical said:

Hey guys, Im in the same situation, 2022 Chev Trail boss 6.2 gas engine with 31k on it, transmission valve body goes, Im waiting since June 6 so coming on 4 weeks now no truck they have me driving a kia for f sakes, I just bought a boat last year and own a 27foot camping trailer sounds like we might have to cancel our vacation this summer what a nightmare, I will never buy chev again, I live in NS Canada but same dame issue with the trans so something is going on here, meanwhile I keep paying my $850 month payment and stuck driving this Kia. I will keep following this thread, thanks, Shaun Linden

I have had to cancel a Family Vacation to the Outer Banks NC and not having a truck this summer kind of defeats the purpose of it all.

My 21 TB has a 6.2 with 17k miles. It's bad enough GM can't keep supply the parts, just as bad it's a bad part or design to begin with....

I am ready for this nightmare to be over, never imagined something like this would take so long with still no ETA in sight...