Valve Body Replacement - 2023 Silverado Custom Trail Boss

3 hours ago, Tom73 said:

My understanding is that a remanufactured transmission is a used case with all new guts in it. 
That is probably what I am getting for my truck. A remanufactured (vs rebuilt) is okay by me. Had one put in a Vette and no problems. 

At this point I just need my truck back. Dealership has a new transmission ready to install GM won't approve, they  would rather have me wait for months if the part is ever available and experiment on a fix. If the part doesn't fix it it, then it's a new transmission anyways..

I have owned 17 GM and sold thousands new and used in a 16 year career,  what a slap in the face. Worked many years selling the brand 60 70 hours a week and converted many Ford Dodge Toyota owners to Chevy. Something changed the last 10 years..

With all that being said, not bashing GM or Chevy, I understand things happen, just make it right.  17k mile truck under warranty in showroom mint condition, just get it fixed..

Edited by ChevyWild

On 6/15/2024 at 8:40 PM, ChevyWild said:

At this point I just need my truck back. Dealership has a new transmission ready to install GM won't approve, they  would rather have me wait for months if the part is ever available and experiment on a fix. If the part doesn't fix it it, then it's a new transmission anyways..

I have owned 17 GM and sold thousands new and used in a 16 year career,  what a slap in the face. Worked many years selling the brand 60 70 hours a week and converted many Ford Dodge Toyota owners to Chevy. Something changed the last 10 years..

With all that being said, not bashing GM or Chevy, I understand things happen, just make it right.  17k mile truck under warranty in showroom mint condition, just get it fixed..

We are sorry to hear of this difficult situation regarding your vehicle's transmission and would like to take this opportunity to take a deeper look into this concern. Please send us an email to [email protected]. Be sure to include your Username and Fourm name in the subject line with additional details. 

On 6/15/2024 at 8:40 PM, ChevyWild said:

I have emailed privately...

More good news, service manager called and they have received the transmission. Will start work this afternoon and should be ready by Friday. 😃

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom73 said:

More good news, service manager called and they have received the transmission. Will start work this afternoon and should be ready by Friday. 😃

Are you getting a new one or a reman?

Add me to the list of people waiting on a transmission valve body. My 2019 Denali 6.2/10spd that I have had since new was completely fine when I parked it in the garage. The next day it had only one gear. Less than 25k miles on it in 5 years. Been sitting at the dealership for a month. Happened a few days before the 5-year warranty expired, so I'm in a loaner at the expense of GM/dealer but I sure do want mine back. It's been there for about a month now. They claim I'm one of 4 or 5 people waiting on the part and they have no idea when they will get some.

Edited by dh-farmtech

20 hours ago, Tom73 said:

Waiting on a valve body for 6 weeks now no ETA in sight. My truck has 17k miles under warranty. Dealer has a new transmission in stock for 6 weeks but GM won't approve...

12 hours ago, William Sheppard said:

Im supposed to know next week when thr valve bodys will be available.  We will see.

I am going to check with the dealer again on Wednesday, coming up on 7 weeks with no ETA in sight.

Has Ford or Dodge had problems getting truck parts?

Actually looked at a loaded Ford Lariat and a Dodge TRX yesterday. Having my 17k mile truck in the shop for 7 weeks now waiting on a part with no ETA is frustrating to say the least.  My wife was wanting to trade her Gmc Denali in for another one but not sure we will be going the GM route this time around which furiates me, have owned 17 GM vehicles ever since I started driving 34 years ago....

Hopefully this week the GM District Manager will contact my Dealership and approve the Transmission install so i can get back on the road. My Dealership has had a transmission in stock for over a month ready to install but GM has refused. If my transmission is good but the valve body is bad, why can't the dealer just send my 17k mile transmission back to Detroit and have GM install a new Valve Body then refurbish and resell?? 

Edited by ChevyWild

If you are still within warranty, contact GMC customer service.  They will start a case and help to expidite the part order.  The process is after first contact, wait 2 weeks, and then theu escalate to parts division, within 48 hrs theparts division will contact you to let you know how long.  My 48 hrs was Friday, so i should get a call on Monday.  

On 1/16/2024 at 11:57 PM, Michael Lung said:

Wanted to reach out to the forum to see if any one has needed a valve body replaced for their 2023 Silverado? I'm currently in the process waiting on the part to show up at the dealer, going on for about a month now. 

I bought the truck new in Jan 2023, 5.3L Custom Trail Boss, and everything was fine till about 15K miles when I noticed a very hard downshift when accelerating, anywhere between 30-70mph. Usually the shifts were very violent, sometimes even turning my cruise control off because the truck chirped the tires and broke traction. Eventually took the truck to the dealer late November 2023 and they tried the software approach, which I understand, but no dice on that being the fix. I did some self-diagnosing and realized the hard shifts only started happening around 140 degrees on the transmission gauge and somewhere between 6-8 gear. Was able to get the truck back in to the dealer mid-Dec 2023 due to their availability, and was diagnosed with the valve body needing to be replaced on the transmission, and now stuck waiting for the part. 

Per the Service Advisor, there is already a new part number and a new manufacturer for the valve bodies, so perhaps GM is addressing a somewhat of an issue with the original valve body? Now the weird part is apparently GM is beholden to this manufacturer on when they ship out these valve bodies as parts orders, only receiving shipment once the local region has hit a certain quota, per the Service Advisor. I mean, at least GM has me in a comparable rental, but I sure would like to be back in my truck at this point. Curious if any forum member has had a similar issue in getting a new valve body for these 10-speeds on the '23 Silverado?