Valve Body Replacement - 2023 Silverado Custom Trail Boss

Update on my ‘23 Silverado LT Trail Boss 3.0 LZ0: 

Originally took it in June 4th.  Picked up August 1st.  In total the following was diagnosed and addressed: 

1. Replaced Valve Body (part #24047995) - Can anyone verify if this is a new or old part #?

2. Replaced Pressure Control Solenoid Valve 1 & 5 

3. Replaced Input Speed Sensor 

4. Replaced Torque Converter 

Haven’t had time to put a lot of miles on it since picking it up a week ago, but have a trip planned next weekend, so hoping everything will be good from here on out.  My concern is the now infamous Valve Body, and whether this is a new designed part?   I assume it is, as this seems to be what others are reporting that have gotten theirs back recently, but also not sure if the part is different since I have a diesel versus the gas counterpart?     

I would appreciate anyone’s insight into this!  

To all those waiting, hopefully you’ll get yours back soon!

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to hear you’re back on the road again after two months. I’m at almost 8 weeks now, still waiting on a valve body with no eta. Been driving gm trucks for 48 years, but honestly considering trading my gmc in for another brand as soon as I get it back. If gm cared about loyalty they would fix the issues. Can’t believe in this day and age parts aren’t available. Very disheartening to say the least. 

• 4 weeks later...

I'vs also joined the valve body queue waiting for a new part.  2019 Sierra SLT with the 8-speed tranny.  Pulling a small travel trailer over the Grapevine (mountain pas in CA) my tranny overheated.  Once it cooled down everything's been fine since.  Dealer says I need the new valve body.  3 weeks and waiting...

My 21 Silverado is in the shop for a slight hesitation/stumble/jerk at low speed low rpm. No check engine light and every is update on software. Went on a test drive with two techs today, one driving one watching the computer. According to them everything on the computer was good but both noticed and felt the issue. My question is does this sound like a valve body issue and will GM authorize replacement with no check engine light? They said they are pulling the data from the computer and sending to GM. Service manager mentioned TCC slip and possibly replacement fluid, thought that TSB was only for the 8 speed though… any info helps 

23 hours ago, Cody209 said:

My 21 Silverado is in the shop for a slight hesitation/stumble/jerk at low speed low rpm. No check engine light and every is update on software. Went on a test drive with two techs today, one driving one watching the computer. According to them everything on the computer was good but both noticed and felt the issue. My question is does this sound like a valve body issue and will GM authorize replacement with no check engine light? They said they are pulling the data from the computer and sending to GM. Service manager mentioned TCC slip and possibly replacement fluid, thought that TSB was only for the 8 speed though… any info helps 

Dealer just called me and told me it needs a torque converter and valve body. They stated they have no problem getting the valve body, but the torque converter might take some time.

I have a 23 Sierra 2500 with a bad valve body it’s been sitting at the dealership for over a month. I’m told the part is on back order no idea when it’s coming in or if there replacing it with the same part or a new upgraded one. I figured a week or two max without the truck wouldn’t hurt driving the RAV4 they gave me. I can’t haul material or pull my trailer with it. It’s starting to hurt me financially. Anyone else having this problem or know how to at least get a rental upgrade? 

16 hours ago, Cody209 said:

Dealer just called me and told me it needs a torque converter and valve body. They stated they have no problem getting the valve body, but the torque converter might take some time.

Was yours a 8 or 10 speed?

• 2 weeks later...

We currently have our 2022 GMC Sierra (still under warranty) in the dealer for the valve body replacement. We were staying on an island at the time and it had to be towed 100 miles to the dealer. Because of our remote location we are paying $600 a week for a rental truck that we aren't even allowed to tow our small boat with. We have been told we won't be fully reimbursed for the tow because of the distance and cost ($900), plus we will be $300 per week out of pocket cost for the rental since it's over $44 per day! So we're stuck 400 miles from home, not able to enjoy our time on the island and have no idea when the backordered part will be in. Has anyone had success mitigating the out of pocket cost? This sure isn't the same quality truck as our 21 year old GMC that we sold to buy this new one. 

12 minutes ago, Dot Stacy said:

We currently have our 2022 GMC Sierra (still under warranty) in the dealer for the valve body replacement. We were staying on an island at the time and it had to be towed 100 miles to the dealer. Because of our remote location we are paying $600 a week for a rental truck that we aren't even allowed to tow our small boat with. We have been told we won't be fully reimbursed for the tow because of the distance and cost ($900), plus we will be $300 per week out of pocket cost for the rental since it's over $44 per day! So we're stuck 400 miles from home, not able to enjoy our time on the island and have no idea when the backordered part will be in. Has anyone had success mitigating the out of pocket cost? This sure isn't the same quality truck as our 21 year old GMC that we sold to buy this new one. 

8 or 10 speed?

Sorry if I'm being repetitive.  I just want to get a gauge at whether it is happening more on the 8 or 10.

So I got a MQB 10L80 with the LM2 3.0 duramax. Bought truck new 2021 Sierra. I’ve had these “random” hard shifts at trans warm up temperatures. But no light. So thought it just needed a relearn.  But now I have a P0700 and P2812 and cannot put transmission in tow haul mode. I put on a thermal bypass valve on the truck about 30k miles ago. If I get it looked at will they “void” my warranty because of it? Truck is at 68k now. Anyone know?