Larger tires - Speedometer correction

9 hours ago, Transient said:

I got your point, which is why I said "avoid the dealership".  It's my point I think you missed.  GM isn't serious about getting customers into the service departments at their franchise dealerships.  Something as simple as speedometer calibration could go a long way in customer service, customer  retention, and generated revenue/increased profits for their dealerships.  By your admission they have the technology and means.  They just need to stop being so narrow minded.

Then, if they did it, you'd complain about the cost which would be a 1 hour minimum charge ($125/hr now?) to create the RO, get the truck out of the lot, pull it in actually do the programming, get it pulled out and finally closing out the RO. Even though the actual programming would only take a few minutes, all the other crap uses up techs time. 

• Like 1

On 1/16/2024 at 8:21 AM, newdude said:

GM will only calibrate to factory authorized sizes for things like GM accessory wheel/tire packages.  

Check out Holley Pulsar LT, will do that and much more!  I love mine.....

On 1/16/2024 at 8:21 AM, newdude said:

21 hours ago, Pig Hunter said:

Check out Holley Pulsar LT, will do that and much more!  I love mine.....

Doesn't work on refresh trucks.  OP has a refresh.  2023

On 1/20/2024 at 8:18 AM, Jus Cruisin said:

Then, if they did it, you'd complain about the cost which would be a 1 hour minimum charge ($125/hr now?) to create the RO, get the truck out of the lot, pull it in actually do the programming, get it pulled out and finally closing out the RO. Even though the actual programming would only take a few minutes, all the other crap uses up techs time. 

That's very assumptive of you.  Have we met before?  I'm not sure you know me well enough to be able to say what I would or wouldn't do.

19 hours ago, Transient said:

That's very assumptive of you.  Have we met before?  I'm not sure you know me well enough to be able to say what I would or wouldn't do.

Yep and I'm sure it would be the case for 99%+ on here. 

• Like 1

On 1/20/2024 at 9:18 AM, Jus Cruisin said:

Bingo lol.  More like $165-245 for that hour nowadays.  

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, Jus Cruisin said:

Yep and I'm sure it would be the case for 99%+ on here. 

That's the point.  Nobody should be making assumptions about anybody on any internet forum. 

8 hours ago, newdude said:

Bingo lol.  More like $165-245 for that hour nowadays.  

Versus $260 for the Rough Country speedometer calibration tool on Amazon.  Dealership pricing actually looks like a deal. 

Edited by Transient

12 hours ago, Transient said:

That's the point.  Nobody should be making assumptions about anybody on any internet forum. 

No it's not assumptions, it's experience on forums for years and years. Corvette, Ram, Ford, Cobia, Sea Ray THT. Been active on them all and there's one thing that's consistent.....bellyaching about dealer service costs (always called stealerships) and finding ways to avoid it.

Edited by Jus Cruisin

My Honda, Acura, and Genesis get serviced at the dealership. Not oil changes anymore, repairs yes. With OEM parts lasting as long as they do and as complicated as even simple work is these days it’s the dealership for me. My 02 Avalanche is simple enough I do it if ever needed. So far it needs nothing. If I ever was inclined on a new vehicle to change anything. I’d get it blessed at the dealer and done there. 

[quote]They do offer calibrations, but again only for factory authorized sizes.  [/quote]

BUT Only with the purchase of accessory tires and wheels from GM through the dealer.   The GM Accessory tire and wheel purchase comes with a calibration, if so needed.   Many think; truck could be purchased with this size so dealer can calibrate but they can not and will not.     

3 hours ago, Jus Cruisin said:

No it's not assumptions, it's experience on forums for years and years. Corvette, Ram, Ford, Cobia, Sea Ray THT. Been active on them all and there's one thing that's consistent.....bellyaching about dealer service costs (always called stealerships) and finding ways to avoid it.

Those aren't assumptions about individuals personally.  You're moving the goalposts here.  Btw, I recommend looking up the definition of "fair market value".  It's not just dealerships that people think are charging too much for services.  It's everywhere in society.  If the price is too high people will seek the service elsewhere.  It's so fundamental that it applies to everything.  As for dealerships being called "stealerships", they earned that nickname.  The most credible piece of evidence on that right now is market adjustment pricing on new cars.  10 years ago I was seeing $25k markups on Camaro SSs.  The stealership closest to my house when I bought my truck wanted $10k more than MSRP.  I just learned of a dealership in Van Nuys, CA wanting over $400k for a Dodge Challenger 170 that has an MSRP of ~$113k.  They were even charging $495 for nitrogen-filled tires.  Perfect examples of stealing, in the opinions of the unwashed masses.

Edited by Transient

22 minutes ago, Transient said:

Those aren't assumptions about individuals personally.  You're moving the goalposts here.  Btw, I recommend looking up the definition of "fair market value".  It's not just dealerships that people think are charging too much for services.  It's everywhere in society.  If the price is too high people will seek the service elsewhere.  It's so fundamental that it applies to everything.  As for dealerships being called "stealerships", they earned that nickname.  The most credible piece of evidence on that right now is market adjustment pricing on new cars.  10 years ago I was seeing $25k markups on Camaro SSs.  The stealership closest to my house when I bought my truck wanted $10k more than MSRP.  I just learned of a dealership in Van Nuys, CA wanting over $400k for a Dodge Challenger 170 that has an MSRP of ~$113k.  They were even charging $495 for nitrogen-filled tires.  Perfect examples of stealing, in the opinions of the unwashed masses.

So you are saying dealers should be held to MSRP? Then how do you justify what the individuals got for theirs? It's OK for Joe Blow to make a killing with zero investment of property, buildings, equipment but not dealers? 

No one is forcing anyone to buy those specialty vehicles. Screenshot_20240124_124105_Chrome.thumb.jpg.5403a2f591f9d1bb64300c9efdb68aac.jpgifScreenshot_20240124_123842_Chrome.thumb.jpg.1e562ddf23ebd0b9839dd04cda8f7fa8.jpg

6 hours ago, KARNUT said:

My Honda, Acura, and Genesis get serviced at the dealership. Not oil changes anymore, repairs yes. With OEM parts lasting as long as they do and as complicated as even simple work is these days it’s the dealership for me. My 02 Avalanche is simple enough I do it if ever needed. So far it needs nothing. If I ever was inclined on a new vehicle to change anything. I’d get it blessed at the dealer and done there. 

I fail to see what this has to do with the OPs question. 

He wants to correct his speedometer, not hear your irrelevant experiences. 

Go to the Avalanche forum.