Adding Unlock Buttons to Rear Door Handles

On 12/19/2023 at 5:06 PM, dezco said:

Has anyone added the unlock buttons on their rear doors?

I know some came with them but not sure exactly which models did.

Any insight would be great.

I know the GMC's did come with it. I would love to see someone attempt this. I don't know what all parts would be needed or if it's just the handles. I'm sure programming would be required. 

3 hours ago, 1454 said:

I'm sure programming would be required. 

I found another thread and it led me to believe that the chip shortage and lack of use dictated then cutting it out. However I’m wondering if I can get all the same parts and connect the wiring from the rear button to the front button and have it function the same. Might be easier than telling the truck it has a new button. Don’t know how sensitive it is to this though so maybe we’ll see once I can track down the parts.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I had them on the front and rear doors on my 21 AT4, I however do not haven them on my 22 refresh AT4. I was definitely bummed when I bought it.  

I don't have them (rear) on my 24 SLT Premium Plus. Also disappointed in the implementation requiring a physical button. My 2015 Mercedes just has some sort of touch sensor on all four handles, just lightly touch it and it unlocks. My 2007 Mercedes had physical buttons, and eventually water gets in them and shorts them out.

I also am missing mounting buttons/brackets for floor mats on all but the driver side footwell. The rubber floor mats I purchased had buttons to clip into all 4 footwells, but only my driver side had receivers. 

I'm guessing these are minor items that GM has cut in the last few years as inflation has gone crazy, hoping buyers won't notice.

Edited by DubVBenz