Zr2 front suspension

You think we'll need to do the soft brake lines for this conversation or will our stockers make the stretch? Hard for me to picture any of this without my parts. Supposed to get em on the 2nd. I have a daily watch on knuckle availability on that parts.gm site so I'll alert on here if I catch them add-to-cartable.

On 12/30/2023 at 12:27 PM, Joe97281 said:

84751583 is the same part 2020-2024 HD per the catalog.  So both front hard lines are not ZR2 specific, unless there's a note missing somewhere.  Just the front hoses.  

Edited by newdude

I think the parts catalog is wrong. I know it says i already have that brake line. But what i really have is 84826611. I cannot find that part number anywhere. 

i think 2024 has hardlines that connect towards that back of the vehicle, 2023 and older have lines that connect by the front pivot point of the control arm. IMG_2596.thumb.jpeg.f02ce77e2f930640883c71bd143be528.jpeg

The plastic jounce spacer:

20240102_155642.thumb.jpg.93c2afdddc933589fd45337cccb6ef43.jpg

Looks like it plops on the axle and gives the jounce something closer to contact rather than extending the actual jounce down.

Edited by Epsilon Plus

• 2 weeks later...

Front skid arrived. Takes 5 minutes to change with a 15mm socket and needle nose pliers. Pliers are needed to get the keeper off the two rear engine shield bolts. 

It sits lower than the stock steel piece (to allow for diff drop). 

Oversize shipping made it the same price online and shipped as ordering to local dealer. 

unnamed.jpg

• Like 2

Brake hoses and speed sensors arrived, and appear to be correct with all brackets included. 

Passenger side will need a hole drilled into the frame for the mounting bracket. It might be impossible to change the RH hard line. It is probably the second step in truck assembly after coating the frame in crappy black wax. It runs from under the steering column to the radiator, across, and then down the other frame rail. Lots of crap on top of it. 

pics of MY 2024 brake junction box needed to see what happens with hardline and hose. 

IMG_2615.thumb.jpeg.db694259af9ff4cf0ea82b7e3172f537.jpeg

Edited by Joe97281

On 1/11/2024 at 8:11 AM, Joe97281 said:

Front skid arrived. Takes 5 minutes to change with a 15mm socket and needle nose pliers. Pliers are needed to get the keeper off the two rear engine shield bolts. 

It sits lower than the stock steel piece (to allow for diff drop). 

Oversize shipping made it the same price online and shipped as ordering to local dealer. 

unnamed.jpg

Are you thinking of drilling a few 1" holes in the ribs for water/snow/mud draining? I haven't installed mine yet. Still debating if'n I will drill.

On 1/2/2024 at 4:45 PM, Joe97281 said:

I think the parts catalog is wrong. I know it says i already have that brake line. But what i really have is 84826611. I cannot find that part number anywhere. 

i think 2024 has hardlines that connect towards that back of the vehicle, 2023 and older have lines that connect by the front pivot point of the control arm. 

I'll check monday.  Got a regular HD and a ZR2 that just showed up.  

On 1/13/2024 at 7:40 AM, gemarsh said:

Are you thinking of drilling a few 1" holes in the ribs for water/snow/mud draining? I haven't installed mine yet. Still debating if'n I will drill.

It's aluminum & sloped. You won't have problems with water. As far as mud, I supposed that depends on if you are backing up while bottomed out in muck.

Tried ordering the knuckles again.

997 (passenger knuckle) just got kicked back as out of stock. I told them to proceed with 996 though so we'll see if that one goes through.

Edited by Epsilon Plus

After looking at the front diff cover for a different topic in this forum section, I'm wondering now if the ZR2 skid might be a requirement to all of this. I say that because my front diff to stock skid clearence is pretty slim as is. Dropping the diff down 1.5" might make it ants rear close.