Goodyear Duratrac Mileage

Matty-D

Hi,

Looking to see if anyone has experienced issues with gas mileage after replacing factory tires on a 19 RST 5.3. I was due for an inspection and needed new tires. I replaced the factory tires with the Goodyear Duratracs Tire size 275 / 60 R20. Before new tires, I was averaging. 15-18 city and 19-22 highway. On long trips, I have hit 27.3. Since the new tires were installed my mileage has dropped significantly, I am now average. 10.2 city and the highest I can get with highway driving is just over 14. I also have a K&N cold air intake that was installed about 9 months ago, before the new tires my check air filter notification would come on about every 500 miles. Could this have something to do with it or is it just the new tires?  Does anyone have any suggestions?

image.thumb.png.5c839160db90f47e6204c6c7e822da29.png

image.png.a1c424241348003fabf09c874f44838c.png

Thank you! I know that GM puts the Duratracs on the Trail Boss but they are smaller wheels. I have a friend who has them on his truck and he averages about 16 mpg. I just didn't expect to have that much of a drop. I thought about just keeping them for the winter and then purchasing a new set of wheels/tires for the summer. Similar to these 285/45R 22, but not sure if the mileage will be better.image.thumb.png.ad2308388199971adb6c93667cbae4d0.png

I drove approximately 60K on mine before swapping them out and they still weren't down to the wear tread indicators.  I averaged around 18.5-19 mpg with the Duratracs, and about 19.5 with my factory Bridgestone Dueler RSW's.  I would say that's a minimal drop, but then again my miles are almost exclusively highway miles.

Edited by Gangly

10 hours ago, Matty-D said:

Hi,

Looking to see if anyone has experienced issues with gas mileage after replacing factory tires on a 19 RST 5.3. I was due for an inspection and needed new tires. I replaced the factory tires with the Goodyear Duratracs Tire size 275 / 60 R20. Before new tires, I was averaging. 15-18 city and 19-22 highway. On long trips, I have hit 27.3. Since the new tires were installed my mileage has dropped significantly, I am now average. 10.2 city and the highest I can get with highway driving is just over 14. I also have a K&N cold air intake that was installed about 9 months ago, before the new tires my check air filter notification would come on about every 500 miles. Could this have something to do with it or is it just the new tires?  Does anyone have any suggestions?

What size Duratrac did you actually put on?  In the old Duratrac, they make a 275/65R20 but in the new Duratrac RT they make both that and a 275/60R20.  

Did you have 20"s from the factory on the truck or did you swap to 20"s?