Solution For Hitch Left in Receiver Turning off Reverse Sensors

Unlike my 2020, my 2024 HD would not keep the reverse sensors active when I left any type of hitch in the receiver. I tried popping the inner bumper sensors out slightly and angling them up and out; that made absolutely no difference. What did work very well was draping some one-half inch open cell foam over the top of the trucks receiver and whatever hitch I had pinned in. It turns out for some reason the foam doesn't actually need to extend clear back and over the top of the ball itself. The second picture shows that foam folded back and that still worked just fine. The real test was my Air Shock hitch. Surprise surprise, another simple piece of foam draped over the top worked great; the system has worked flawlessly for over 2000 miles.

foam1.JPG

foam2.JPG

foam3.JPG

foam4.JPG

Yes, but I really had the feeling that all it does is push the alert zones farther out the back; definitely did not affect the reverse sensor blocking with hitch in using any configuration.

• 1 month later...