whipple blower got on sale 6400 incl tax

walbro 540 pump and install kit 113

1000 cc injectors 700

waiting on tuner to tell me what plugs to get

tune 1000

Looking to install the first week in jan

Holy heck! That's going to be one bad a** build! 😲

• 3 months later...

A while back i posted about my venture on adding a blower to my 2015 high country 6.0 with 4:88 and pedal commander. Did a whipple blower with intercooler, 1000 cc injectors, ngk plugs, msd wires, walbro 540 pump on e85.   Truck didnt fit on the dyno so he street tuned it with the wide band.  He said the truck is a beast.  He said it makes a ton of low end torque.  I pick her up tomorrow and put her to work and see how much of a difference.  He said that this truck has no ethenol sensor it has a virtual setting that adjusts off of the af sensors and o2 sensors.  Which is good cause he said i will have no issue running e85 or 93.  He said i made a easy 150 hp n tq over stock. Whipple was 4900 Injectors 700 Walbro was 75 Wires 100 Plugs 80 Install n tune 3000 So about 9k into it which was about my budget

• Like 1

Take this from me here, the virtual sensor aka the o2 sensors are not very accurate with alcohol content and they are super slow to respond to changes. You'll see the o2 sensor themselves report the changes because the fuel trims will change a ton but the value that changes for alcohol content will lag behind by a lot compared to a real sensor.

A real sensor can change the content within like 2-3 miles of driving because it's seeing the fuel flow through it in real time, the o2 sensors generally take way longer so I'd be careful when switching fuels because it's not going to fuel correctly for a while with the stock virtual sensor.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, CamGTP said:

Take this from me here, the virtual sensor aka the o2 sensors are not very accurate with alcohol content and they are super slow to respond to changes. You'll see the o2 sensor themselves report the changes because the fuel trims will change a ton but the value that changes for alcohol content will lag behind by a lot compared to a real sensor.

A real sensor can change the content within like 2-3 miles of driving because it's seeing the fuel flow through it in real time, the o2 sensors generally take way longer so I'd be careful when switching fuels because it's not going to fuel correctly for a while with the stock virtual sensor.

Thx for the info.  I primarily run e85 in the off chance when i cant fill up with it till i get home i was concerned.  Wanted to know if i could run it short term.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is my update on the 15 6.0 with a whipple.  Went back to tuner today for the issues i was having.  Pedal commander and whipple no good.  Had to get rid of pedal commander.  Changed a couple of mph shift points and driving a lot better.  But do miss the pedal commander.  Trucks virtual e85 is garbage.  Installed dsx e85 kit and went from 50% to 72% ethenol.   Gas up tonight and put her to more work and see what happens.

20240313_132909.jpg

• Like 2

Looking for insight.  2015 6.0 just did a whipple.  Only does it when giving more than 50% throttle.   Having issues and trying to figure it out.  Heading back to tuner for 3rd time next week.  Sent him this from another group  Dirk Diggla doesn't look to be a convertor issue, especially if Temps are still normal. Every convertor failure I've seen,, the 1st warning signs are 6th gear shudder and higher than normal temls from slippage,    id be intersted in seeing what was done to the VTT tables and reported torque tables in your tune. These gen 5  E78 pcms are 100% torque based and if those 2 tables aren't done correctly cause lots of issues. I'm betting your tune is way off  His reply Hey Andrew, I’m m not sure what that noise could mean, I read what you sent that you found online, but the VVT tables are stock and untouched, the TW tables were raised in the correct areas, I was able see the video I’m not sure what that noise is..   Looking for insight.  Know its hard without a log file to view.  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LU5kRrMpe3SMn9BuDwLNnwUyqM3NDdys/view?usp=drivesdk