Coming option: AFM/DFM and Autostop disabler for up to '24 models

5 hours ago, TrueBlue said:

I spoke with a tech at Range Technology this last week and he said they're getting close as well. Personally I'm a little hesitant to plug something into the computer on today's vehicles until it's been widely tested.

Not only that but I think the dealer can deny warranty work if they detect you are using one of these devices. They can detect anything now.

Personally I wouldn't bother.

The range module plugs into the OBD2 port under the dash. The Pulsar module goes under the hood, in line. Either can be unplugged before going into the dealer. I haven't decided on either of them yet. Or whether or not I'll even bother. But I would like my V8 to run on 8 jugs all the time, and I do not like Auto Stop/Start.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, TrueBlue said:

The range module plugs into the OBD2 port under the dash. The Pulsar module goes under the hood, in line. Either can be unplugged before going into the dealer. I haven't decided on either of them yet. Or whether or not I'll even bother. But I would like my V8 to run on 8 jugs all the time, and I do not like Auto Stop/Start.

You can unplug it but they can still tell you had it. They will deny warranty work for this reason.

Sucks but this new Global B electronic system is smart.

9 hours ago, dieselfan1 said:

You can unplug it but they can still tell you had it. They will deny warranty work for this reason.

Are you sure about that? Do you know that for a fact?

7 minutes ago, Bikerjon said:

I've personally seen a Jeep get denied warr work simply because it had mud in the wheel wells and on the transmission.

The manuf. will try their best to get out of paying for any work.

On 10/29/2023 at 10:29 AM, TrueBlue said:

The refreshed trucks so 2022.5 and up, nothing works on them yet so no Range and no Pulsar LT.  

10 hours ago, dieselfan1 said:

Mmmm...you will end up with a bunch of various codes in modules perhaps for communications.  Range on the 14-19 trucks blocked Onstar from sending its monthly diagnostics to customer who have them installed as the OBD port needs to be free and clear.  I could see a Range messing up an OTA for sure if left plugged in.  

Something inline like the Pulsar LT or the Hypertech speedo calibrators are where you really run in to grounds for warranty denial.  And there's stories on those for sure and GM is aware of both of those devices.  

14 hours ago, Bikerjon said:

I've heard this from multiple sources. 

I'm not going to find out the hard way, I'm leaving it alone.

• Thanks 1

as for warranty and voids, here's a few things to think about.  To legally void a warranty they have to prove or have good indication the part in question caused the problem.  Sure a dealer can refuse a warranty for the slightest thing but can they back it up in court?   Now nobody wants to get lawyers involved and go to court.  No you, not me and not GM or the dealer.   If you follow the chain of command for a disagreement, it eventually goes to arbitration.   And is usually settled there without going further and an agreement is made.  GM would rather pay the repair bill than fight in court and get the bad publicity.   

Also worth noting, a third party extended warranty company is usually much more forging and not as likely to dig in looking for mods.

Been there done that

• 10 months later...

Carbyte is 

On 10/26/2023 at 9:53 AM, JP642 said:

Just got this in email - no further info/ just a PSA (I use the OBDLink app)

Claims supports some Sierra and Silverado models up to 2024

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/obdsol/carbyte?ref=eyct9d&__s=32clny5rs151lvdc4nb2

The early kickstarter price may be tempting as an experiment for some

Carbyte is now available on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Carbyte-Disabler-Auto-Start-Trucks/dp/B0CMW72NND/

Also available here: https://www.obdlink.com/products/carbyte/

Edited by Vitaliy Maksimov