Transmission issues on 2023 Sierra w/10 speed transmission

I’ve been having an issue with 10 speed transmission on my 2023 Sierra 5.3. I’ve been experiencing shuttering at low rpms (usually around 1000 rpm). Transmission seems confused on whether or not it wants to shift. I’ve been to the dealership for the first service and brought up the issue. I was told it drove fine on the road test. Truck now has 9000 miles and it’s definitely not right. Anyone else have this issue? Looking to bring it back and not get the runaround. 

I've noticed on mine truck that if I have my foot resting on the gas when I'm coming to a stop that the tranny can seem confused, and once or twice has actually shifted hard. When I make a conscious effort to leave my foot off the gas it downshifts fine.

This probably isn't your issue, but you didn't say whether it was on an upshift or downshift so I thought I'd put it out there in case you or anyone else notices anything out of the ordinary when coming to a stop.

• 2 months later...

2023 Silverado, TRANS PROBLEMS 6000 miles, truck starts stuttering, ran perfect untill then , made it home, it was christmas day, next day took to dealer, Touge converter went out. Never ever heard of a touge converter going out, dealer is putting new one in , but say its $50, ( not my cost just telling me that is what the part cost) i never heard of any touge converter being Only 50 dollars, makes me wonder what  kind of touge converter they are putting in it, $67000 for a truck we shouldn't be haveing trans problems, at 6000 miles, especially sence its not used  as a truck. If this doesnt fix it, expect GM to put a factory rebuilt in. I dont have time to be at the dealer all the time, why they guess to what the problem is, thats why i bought new, nor do i by that high quality of a truck to be driving a cheap loner car!!! that doesnt even have GPS. Im Sure GM will Fight me on That. But just maybe they will not.   

• 3 months later...
6 hours ago, Mike Galyen said:

I have the same transmission problem on my 2023 GMC Sierra it feels like driving over rumble strips and shutters on low rpm shifting only 6000 miles on the truck 

I just got mine back from the dealer. 3000 miles. They did the first oil change and I stated that my transmission is shuddering at about 3000 rpms on the 1=2  upshift under hard acceleration. 5.3L w/10 speed. I  had to leave it so the tech checked for codes, TSBs, leaks, fluid level and road tested it without me for 14 miles. He stated that he did not find anything wrong. So now I have it documented at 3000 miles. I will continue to drive it and evaluate if it gets better/worse. However I will not give up. If it doesn't get better they are going to get it back and they are going to fix it.

• 3 weeks later...

I am having the same problem with my 2023 GMC sierra mine it shifts then it say reduce speed drive safe and will not change out of first gear but if I try it off and restart it it shifts but it do it again around 6 th gear and I noticed it’s no transmission stick to check the fluid cause mine burn oil like crazy and it only have 4500 miles on it it only had 8 when I got it 

2 hours ago, Randy johns said:

I am having the same problem with my 2023 GMC sierra mine it shifts then it say reduce speed drive safe and will not change out of first gear but if I try it off and restart it it shifts but it do it again around 6 th gear and I noticed it’s no transmission stick to check the fluid cause mine burn oil like crazy and it only have 4500 miles on it it only had 8 when I got it 

Take it into the dealer and give them a detailed description of your problems.

Yes I have the same thing going on with my 2024 sierra Denali I leased this truck in March and after 500 miles I noticed a vibration coming from the rear wheels and it felt like maybe a wheel weight came off so the dealer rebalanced all 4 wheels then rotated the wheels and this did nothing and then they showed me a GMC buliton that said some 10 speed transmission models may have a shutter thing going but GM is aware of this but you can try putting your shifter in L9 this will eliminate the AMF from working so you can see if that is your problem and this was not my problem at all I still have a shutter problem any where from 35 MPH up and I’m still complaining about it and now I have 3600 on it I will keep posting as time goes on 4/23/24

I just made a post regarding my transmission issues...

In the prior 2-3 weeks I had been noticing this same shudder a lot of you had mentioned. 

I didn't know of this new and improved fluid. I also heard that there was a redesigned gear or something for the 10 speed GM had done after issues with backorder delays...?

4 hours ago, acmech87 said:

I just made a post regarding my transmission issues...

In the prior 2-3 weeks I had been noticing this same shudder a lot of you had mentioned. 

I didn't know of this new and improved fluid. I also heard that there was a redesigned gear or something for the 10 speed GM had done after issues with backorder delays...?

We regret to hear that you are facing this shudder concern with your vehicle and would like to take the time to learn more. Please send us an email to [email protected]. Be sure to include your Username and Forum name in the subject line with additional details. We look forward to your email. 

On 4/3/2024 at 3:50 PM, Mike Galyen said:

I have the same transmission problem on my 2023 GMC Sierra it feels like driving over rumble strips and shutters on low rpm shifting only 6000 miles on the truck 

It sounds very similar to the very problematic GM 8spd transmission symptoms. 

4 hours ago, DL WILFONG said:

I have the same shifting problem 2023 Sierra 1500 with 3l diesel took it to dealer they say its the shift valve body on back order don't know when they will get the part 20k miles.

This has been reported on here more often. Others are being told the same sh*t. Back ordered and they don't know when the part will cone in.