2024 rocker panel paint

31 minutes ago, 64BAwagon said:

If it was cost cutting I would think Flint would have stopped as well since Flint builds more trucks than Oshawa. I agree though that GM has cheaped out on a lot of stuff. Rear diff drains plugs is one that comes to mind. 

It’s not likely that the grit type material that makes up that texture is in some sort of short supply. Maybe the machine that applies it is down and someone just said meh, send um. 

2 hours ago, Pryme said:

It’s not likely that the grit type material that makes up that texture is in some sort of short supply. Maybe the machine that applies it is down and someone just said meh, send um. 

Entirely possible but we will never know for sure. As of today Flints still turning out trucks. Longer than i thought they could.

11 hours ago, Tater86 said:

What's that odd's of those with Oshawa builds pushing back on their trucks to get them repainted the correct way?

I thought about it, I am indifferent about not having the rock guard. I figure it would be hard to add like how the factory does it, or it wouldn't be quite right added as an after thought. I feel like GM would not do anything about it anyway.

Theres  usually a disclaimer somewhere that says that the Manufacturer has the right to change anything on the vehicle at any time. Theres technically no "correct way"  You essentially get what you get. 

• Like 1

On 10/3/2023 at 6:43 AM, GmEnjoyer said:

Does anyone with a 2024 have the rock guard / textured paint on the rocker panels like GM used to do? Did they stop for 2024 or is it on only certain trim or packages?

I have a '23 LTZ and mine does not have it. Coming out of my '19, I was surprised it was removed.