2024 rocker panel paint

1 hour ago, ssgballistics said:

My 24’ 2500 CCSB LTZ Z71 doesn’t have it. My wife even noticed and asked me about it. My 22’ did.

Is yours with the Z71 Sport package? Because my 24 2500 LTZ with the z71 sport package does. 
Flint built.

Edited by Salzette

1 hour ago, Salzette said:

Is yours with the Z71 Sport package? Because my 24 2500 LTZ with the z71 sport package does. 
Flint built.

No sport package. Oshawa. Built in May. The truck that I had ordered that was blown up before I could pick it up was a LT Z71, also Oshawa built, didn’t have it either. It was built in July. 

Edited by ssgballistics
Correction

Coming back to this thread.  Transporter just dropped a new 2024 1500 crew cab LTZ that was built in Oshawa so I had to look.  I was surprised to find no lower textured finish on the box or the cab.  

I'm thinking this is an Oshawa related change?  Or GM just stopped doing it.  I'll grab a couple pictures tomorrow.  

Edited by newdude

Pure penny pinching. Where else that we can’t see is my question? 

“don’t worry guys, our new state of the art plastic resin front and rear differential and transfer case gears are state of the art” ha

Edited by Pryme

So.  Ft.Wayne and Flint trucks appear to still have the chip guard on the lower areas.  

2024 1500 RST Ft Wayne built 7/31/2023:

IMG_E6844.thumb.JPG.24eb6c6d6b91dabddf96771ede27a2d4.JPG

Flint LT HD built 6/22/23:

IMG_6838.thumb.JPG.cb6a8ffaefc0b14c3fc10e5474e25b1a.JPG

Oshawa built LTZ 1500 built 8/11/2023:

IMG_6845.thumb.JPG.07aacca02e7de1e3ce52bb3f01a4561f.JPG

• Like 2

Seems to be an Oshawa thing. It could be a million different reason. Unless someone here had a source in Oshawa we likely will never know. 

I did hear a few weeks ago that Flint sheet metal (essentially the Flint assy complex) was building cabs for Oshawa. I dont know if it was some or all. I would assume they are shipped by rail. 

I do recall in the early to mid 80's GM was building G bodies in Flint and shipping them to Pontiac for final assembly on the Pontiac motors production line. This was after plant 17 was converted from a Fisher body plant to the Fiero production. 

The trucks ran up and down I-75 all day and night between Pontiac and Flint. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, 64BAwagon said:

Seems to be an Oshawa thing. It could be a million different reason. Unless someone here had a source in Oshawa we likely will never know. 

I did hear a few weeks ago that Flint sheet metal (essentially the Flint assy complex) was building cabs for Oshawa. I dont know if it was some or all. I would assume they are shipped by rail. 

I do recall in the early to mid 80's GM was building G bodies in Flint and shipping them to Pontiac for final assembly on the Pontiac motors production line. This was after plant 17 was converted from a Fisher body plant to the Fiero production. 

The trucks ran up and down I-75 all day and night between Pontiac and Flint. 

It could be a million things but it’s probably one. Cost cutting. They will twist it to sound like a positive kind of like going away from real analog gauge clusters and buttons and having it all be on a cheap Chinese iPad screen. 

If it was cost cutting I would think Flint would have stopped as well since Flint builds more trucks than Oshawa. I agree though that GM has cheaped out on a lot of stuff. Rear diff drains plugs is one that comes to mind.