Dash speaker problem

System is Bose. Initially I shorted one of the speaker wires which threw an amplifier code. I was able to erase those and the speakers worked.

Something didn't sound right however and I noticed the the driver side polarity was reversed, solving that mystery.

I fixed the polarity only this time I did not accidentally short anything and the amplifier still showed 2 codes. I cleared them, only now I still have no sound out of the corner dash speakers.

I also have these 2 codes I cannot clear.

Any ideas?

signal-2023-09-21-115739_002.jpeg

1 hour ago, 23RST said:

System is Bose. Initially I shorted one of the speaker wires which threw an amplifier code. I was able to erase those and the speakers worked.

Something didn't sound right however and I noticed the the driver side polarity was reversed, solving that mystery.

I fixed the polarity only this time I did not accidentally short anything and the amplifier still showed 2 codes. I cleared them, only now I still have no sound out of the corner dash speakers.

I also have these 2 codes I cannot clear.

Any ideas?

U0146 - Lost Communication with Serial Data Gateway Module

U0184 - Lost Communication with Radio

What aftermarket components have you installed to the truck seeing you are messing with speakers and what not?  If nothing aftermarket has been installed, your shorting pissed off either the radio or the amplifier and are no good anymore.    

3 hours ago, newdude said:

U0146 - Lost Communication with Serial Data Gateway Module

U0184 - Lost Communication with Radio

What aftermarket components have you installed to the truck seeing you are messing with speakers and what not?  If nothing aftermarket has been installed, your shorting pissed off either the radio or the amplifier and are no good anymore.    

Just the speakers.

Amplifier shows no codes so I assume it must be the radio.

However, the dash speakers wire directly to the amplifier. There is nothing in between. I don't see how it could've jumped the amplifier (which is code-free) to the radio.

Must be something else.

6 hours ago, 23RST said:

Just the speakers.

Amplifier shows no codes so I assume it must be the radio.

However, the dash speakers wire directly to the amplifier. There is nothing in between. I don't see how it could've jumped the amplifier (which is code-free) to the radio.

Must be something else.

Are there any other codes in any other modules?

Edited by newdude

2 hours ago, 23RST said:

Yeah there's U0447-00 something about video processing.

this one I can clear, but it always shows up again 

Hmm.  U0447 - Invalid Data Received from Serial Data Gateway Module.  

Have you installed the factory speakers and still no sound?  Do you have sound out of the rears, doors and sub?

To me, I'm still thinking something during that short took something down.  B+ to the front speakers out of the amp, and perhaps that spiked back onto a data circuit to the radio.  Circuits 4758, 4757, 7215, 7214, 7211 and 7210 go to the amp, radio and gateway. 

In the end, sounds like you might need to put the stock speakers in and drop it at the dealer and see what they come up with. 

serdata.thumb.png.a172c05413fb5bcc4ef60746bf6041f6.png

radio.thumb.png.8e7a93648c685c87955fb1e599e9aca2.png

Edited by newdude

Yeah I think I am taking it to dealer today.

Problem is, I can no longer connect the factory speakers. They only have that connector and no wire leads and I didn't leave enough wire left on them to splice them back into the circuit.

I'm just going to tell them the stereo didn't sound right so I changed the speakers. Radio must've just been bad the whole time.. I swear

12 hours ago, 23RST said:

Yeah I think I am taking it to dealer today.

Problem is, I can no longer connect the factory speakers. They only have that connector and no wire leads and I didn't leave enough wire left on them to splice them back into the circuit.

I'm just going to tell them the stereo didn't sound right so I changed the speakers. Radio must've just been bad the whole time.. I swear

Why not just tell them the truth?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, 23RST said:

Would a radio unit out of high country work? Found one online from a wreck.

It's the same 7spkr system and appears to have all of the same switches/equipment as my RST. Should be plug and play?

Might but will require programming.  Can't recall if you can flash a used radio on these new ones.  I think you can?

• 9 months later...
13 minutes ago, jvelly1 said:

23RST, how did you clear the amplifier codes?  I run a Bank iDash and it did not find any codes, but it may also not access all parts of the vehicle I assume.  

You need something that can access all vehicle modules.  Blue Driver or OBDLinkMX are two cheap options however these new trucks on GM Global B don't always let you get to everything, even with a SnapOn high end scan tool.  So might have to go to the dealer.