Shorted corner dash speaker wires

Truck is a 2023 1500 RST w/Bose:

Was replacing the corner tweeters. Truck was off, not in accessory, but battery was still connected.

Went to clip the wires as there is no aftermarket connector available (yet) and you have to splice them. I shorted the 2 wires across my wire cutters on the passenger side only.

I heard the short & the digital gauge cluster also turned on and flashed it's "Z71" graphic thing, and then eventually turned off.

I have finished the speaker install but I have no sound out of either corner tweeter.

What did I damage by this electrical short? Some module? Where is it located? Part Number?

Thanks

image.thumb.png.0a36e016583f65beba693448027e0cab.png

3 hours ago, silveradosid said:

if you have the Bose system you probably shorted the amp

but all of the other speakers work still.... Can I remove the amp and replace an internal fuse? Or just replace the whole thing? It's not hard to get to, behind the rear seats.

What happens when you do this is the radio control module or the bcm detects a quick huge draw and times out that circuit. This will flag a code in the radio control module and or BCM .this circuit will not come back alive until the circuit has no draw on it and the code it removed . Find someone with a good scanner like snapon or Bosch and have them remove the code. This should make the front speakers work again if not then that circuit in the radio control module is fried . You will have to have a new one installed and programmed. This would require a really good independent shop or dealer. Also the metra 72-4573 are the connectors use for the front dash corner speakers. Let me know how this turns out I’m curious as the outcome on this one . Pm me if you need any more help with anything.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

No. So when I took it in, they said they identified a short in the amp and replace the amp but it’s still not playing any audio out of the speakers. I’m wondering if they actually replaced the amp. I took the truck home after that, and with the batteries unhooked, I installed the two ohm tweeters and triple checked the wiring. all is proper and still no sound…