BOSE Premium Sound, Really?

I believe I have mentioned this before about my audiophile habit. Been into this a long time. I have 3 stereo systems, living room for TV, music, basement for TV, music and garage for music. Living room picture.

20220830_102345.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, diyer2 said:

I believe I have mentioned this before about my audiophile habit. Been into this a long time. I have 3 stereo systems, living room for TV, music, basement for TV, music and garage for music. Living room picture.

20220830_102345.jpg

Yea, I’m with you. I went from a speaker in every corner in my living room to just a sound bar for my tv. Instead of listening to my hundreds of albums and CDs. I listen to pandora via my iPhone on a portable Bluetooth speaker from Walmart. My old speakers are in the garage. I may get ambitious and modernized again. 

• Like 1

On 9/2/2023 at 1:24 PM, Mshawn said:

Will do. I’ll do a write up on it. I just ordered the metra 72-4573 speaker harness to see if they will work because I know some have said it would although they are listed to only be compatible with up to 22 year. I ordered them today of Amazon for $7.50 plus free shipping will be here on the 15th and then I’ll install it then post my results.

Changing dash speakers is pretty easy.  There is already a write up with pictures in another thread on the main forum.  I went with the Kenwood speakers recommended  by Crutchfield.  You will lose your turn signal click due to frequency range, but I think there is a filter you can add to get it back.  I replaced everything but the 4" sub under the center console.  It needs an amp to really round it out, which will happen later this fall.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SPASierra said:

Changing dash speakers is pretty easy.  There is already a write up with pictures in another thread on the main forum.  I went with the Kenwood speakers recommended  by Crutchfield.  You will lose your turn signal click due to frequency range, but I think there is a filter you can add to get it back.  I replaced everything but the 4" sub under the center console.  It needs an amp to really round it out, which will happen later this fall.

Ditto. I'm going to wait until someone posts the install instructions and what speakers they use and then I'll go for it.

8 hours ago, SPASierra said:

Where is that write up for changing the dash speakers? I've looked but can't find it.

20 hours ago, SPASierra said:

I didn’t realize there was a write up about it already. I’m doing this a step at a time to hear the changes as I go. I ordered to pioneers ( front dash corners)from crutchfield. I’m going to keep watch the forum here for advice on what works best with theses bose systems a slowly build it 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mshawn said:

I didn’t realize there was a write up about it already. I’m doing this a step at a time to hear the changes as I go. I ordered to pioneers ( front dash corners)from crutchfield. I’m going to keep watch the forum here for advice on what works best with theses bose systems a slowly build it 

Its of good info in this post: