Gas mileage

2016 guy

Question

Hey guys, I I've been getting about 17 miles per gallon in town and probably around 23 on the highway which I think is pretty fair for my 2016 GMC Canyon crew cab long bed 6 cylinder so a couple of weeks ago I dumped you in a bottle and my truck has to start back up a bit my truck has 67,000 just under 67,000 miles on it so I dumped in a bottle of ejector cleaner figuring hey it's not going to hurt anything right maybe I'll get a little better mileage around town and now I'm getting worse mileage now I'm down to like 15 miles per gallon in town I haven't been on a long road trip so I don't know what it's going to be like on the road on the highway but it seems to have dropped at least two miles per gallon in town since I dumped in that freaking bottle of ejector cleaner in a full tank of gas of course I dumped it in first yes get that question out of there and it was in quality it was a quality brand from Shell did this loosen up some stuff to cause me getting worse mileage or what's going on any ideas thanks for all the help.

6 answers to this question

3 hours ago, 2016 guy said:

Hey guys, I I've been getting about 17 miles per gallon in town and probably around 23 on the highway which I think is pretty fair for my 2016 GMC Canyon crew cab long bed 6 cylinder so a couple of weeks ago I dumped you in a bottle and my truck has to start back up a bit my truck has 67,000 just under 67,000 miles on it so I dumped in a bottle of ejector cleaner figuring hey it's not going to hurt anything right maybe I'll get a little better mileage around town and now I'm getting worse mileage now I'm down to like 15 miles per gallon in town I haven't been on a long road trip so I don't know what it's going to be like on the road on the highway but it seems to have dropped at least two miles per gallon in town since I dumped in that freaking bottle of ejector cleaner in a full tank of gas of course I dumped it in first yes get that question out of there and it was in quality it was a quality brand from Shell did this loosen up some stuff to cause me getting worse mileage or what's going on any ideas thanks for all the help.

Amazing I was able to follow your post without running out of breath. One long sentence. By the end I was reading so fast my brain lost track of my eyes. I know I’m no expert either. Now to answer your question. Happens to me all the time. Your foot is playing dirty tricks on you. Or it didn’t get the memo. Behind your back it’s taking off faster eating fuel mileage. Happens to me all the time.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Grumpy Bear said:

Is this an AI bot? 

I like answering some of these for comic relief. I had a guy in the exhaust thread if memory serves, asked why am I still here with a 20 year old truck. Laughable. I can guarantee half the problems I read about here, my truck won’t experience. It doesn’t have it. Who’s the fool? I understand wanting a new truck I’ve had about 25 or more. I didn’t buy them. I just don’t need or want to. I like my money in the bank. I had a nice older lady from church with an 8 year old Pilot ask me about a new car. She didn’t want all the electronics. She’s very well off. I told her just keep her old car and keep taking it to the dealer for service. I happen to trust this dealer. I did inform her though if she does decide to trade it in I’ll buy it. I’ll just give my odyssey to one of my grandkids. The pilot is really nice. 

• Like 1