2013 Silverado 2500 Torque Converter

I'm going to need to have the torque converter on my 2013 Silverado 2500 6.0 replaced & would like to have a price range in mind of what it should cost all said & done when I go to the shop so I don't get ripped off. I know rates & such vary depending on location (I'm in NJ) but I'm just looking for a round about price for this specific truck, maybe from someone who's been there & done that.. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

22 hours ago, CowboiCadillac2013 said:

I'm going to need to have the torque converter on my 2013 Silverado 2500 6.0 replaced & would like to have a price range in mind of what it should cost all said & done when I go to the shop so I don't get ripped off. I know rates & such vary depending on location (I'm in NJ) but I'm just looking for a round about price for this specific truck, maybe from someone who's been there & done that.. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Assuming its just the converter (doesn't need anything else) figure at a dealer (assuming they are using MSRP and no markup matrix) its 6 hours of labor, about 820 in parts (converter, necessary gaskets and seals, fluid and I threw in filter and pan gasket).  

$820 in parts, lets say $150/hr shop rate, $1,720 plus tax.