2024 hd lt headlights

Yo!  I did upgrade from the stock garbage halogens with LASFIT.  I can't honestly believe they put those in from the factory.  LED fog lights but halogen high/low?  Dumb.  Anyway, Love the upgrade and cost was not too terrible.  Nice and bright but not over the top.  I only occasionally get high beams flashed at me.

Chevrolet Silverado HD 2500 3500 2020-2024 Custom H11 H9 LED Bulbs with Dust Cover | Pro-DC Series × 1

On 5/13/2024 at 12:42 PM, ScottyMac223 said:

Yo!  I did upgrade from the stock garbage halogens with LASFIT.  I can't honestly believe they put those in from the factory.  LED fog lights but halogen high/low?  Dumb.  Anyway, Love the upgrade and cost was not too terrible.  Nice and bright but not over the top.  I only occasionally get high beams flashed at me.

Chevrolet Silverado HD 2500 3500 2020-2024 Custom H11 H9 LED Bulbs with Dust Cover | Pro-DC Series × 1

just aim them down a bit, super simple to do

Posted (edited)

That is one of the well designed items on the trucks. The up/down on the lamps are easily adjusted.  Its super easy with a long Philips screwdriver and it even has a funnel shaped top for us older guys with shaky hands. 

Edited by 64BAwagon

• 1 month later...
On 4/30/2024 at 11:31 AM, Epsilon Plus said:

LED bulbs in incandescent housings is a ghetto bandaid. The plastic housings and reflectors are not designed to disperse LED light. People see more scattered white light so it must work and be better right? No. It's ghetto.

Morimoto LED replacements (great black friday deal if you wait) or stock LED is the way to go.

Waaaawaaaa it's super expensive. Yeah, so is your $50k+ truck that came with garbage incandescents. Quit being cheap on safety.

Dumb response. I’d love the OEM headlights but the $4-5k it costs is not reasonable for alot of folks. Bulb replacements increase the safety factor quite a bit. If anyone is being cheap it’s GM by putting these crappy dull halogens in these trucks. Ghetto Bandaid or not, it’s an improvement. Morimoto may be cheaper than the OEM conversion but still not worth it when you can achieve the same benefits for 5% of the cost. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, nparker76 said:

Dumb response. I’d love the OEM headlights but the $4-5k it costs is not reasonable for alot of folks. Bulb replacements increase the safety factor quite a bit. If anyone is being cheap it’s GM by putting these crappy dull halogens in these trucks. Ghetto Bandaid or not, it’s an improvement. Morimoto may be cheaper than the OEM conversion but still not worth it when you can achieve the same benefits for 5% of the cost. 

Keep justifying your bandaid at the cost of everyone else on the road. Who cares about them? At least you got that sweet glarey off-color look you were going for right?

• Like 2

I have LED replacements in my LT and they are not any of the things you state, in fact they are very much like the OEM LED's that my 2018 SIlverado 1500 had. 

I keep them aimed reasonable (I adjust them when towing) and have never had anyone flash me. My 2018 and the Equinox we have now will occasionally elicit a flash 

• Haha 1

Conflating brightness with increased actual down-road performance is the most common theme when doing just bulbs.

Just because they fit and they are bright does not mean they are working properly. Tons of articles online about this from actual automotive lighting engineers.

Does it do what you want for cheap? Seems so. But it's like putting a spacer "leveling kit" on a half ton. It may do what you want but that doesn't mean it's the right, best performing, long term success way to do it. Did I put a spacer level on my half ton when I had one? Yes. Did I argue the merits of it over the proper diff drop lifts and coil-overs for the price? No. 

But y'all do y'all.

• 2 weeks later...

2024 2500HD Custom. I have the Lasfit Pro DC as high and low beam and I wouldn't trade them for the best factory system I like them so much. I also have the front turn signal lights, the switchbacks, and their backup lights. All have been excellent for me.