Tonneau cover on my 2024

Not sure if anyone else has run into this but it seems like the aftermarket vendors don't list much for the 2024's yet. Did a little digging on the OEM cover options and found in the soft covers the part for a 24 is the same for a 20-23 truck. I took a leap of faith and ordered an Extang Trifecta ALX for my 2024 3500 with an 8' bed. It fits perfectly and all the hardware for the latches fit like they should. Super easy install. Figured i would put this out there in case anyone else was looking.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1

I've always liked the roll-up covers.  Since my last one, a new entry to the market has popped up.  I'm super impressed with the quality of my Gator SRX, having had Access and Truxedo covers before that cost twice as much.  The difference between this Gator and the Truxedo Lo-Pro I had on the truck I just traded in is indiscernable from the outside.  Only difference really is the Truxedo had nicer clamps.

This one is not a roll up, it’s a tri fold style. I have had lots of roll ups in the past from Extang, Truxedo etc. After having a tri fold on my last truck i dont think i could ever go back to a roller. 

I had a factory tri fold that came on that truck and when it got damaged by a storm and needed to be replaced i bought this same Extang ALX and really liked it. For me it was the natural choice for my new 2024. 

Edited by nitro882

• 3 weeks later...

I juse sold my 2020 GMC 2500 and bought a 2024 GMC 3500 AT4 Standard bed.  

I kept the Diamondback HD cover and installed it on the 2024.  

I couldn’t tell a difference in the way it fit.  I’m really happy with the way it looks and functions.

I contacted BakFlip, and they told me that the same MX4 that fits the 2023 Sierra 2500, will also fit the 2024 too. I haven't purchased yet as I'm trying to decide between Bakflip MX4, Leer and a Canadian brand, Bison, that costs about half the price.

Biggest thing I want is one they doesn't block my rear camera when it's folded up against the rear glass. BakFlip also said their mx4 cover doesn't impede the camera or center brake light.