Supercruise Lane Change Not Working

On 5/28/2023 at 6:35 AM, Rinconmike said:

To bring this thread back to the issue of Lane Change not working.  GM still has not provided any update on solving the Auto Lane Change with Super Cruise.  Super Cruise works good on my truck, just not the auto lane change.  The answer from GM Customer Service is go back to the dealership.  I was hoping they would get someone above the dealership involved but have not.  I may ask the dealer to review again in another month or two when I have some time.  

Did you reach out to the executive team? Email Mary and they will get back with you. 

FWIW my supercruise is not consistent as to when it will initiate a lane change vs. slowing down to follow the car ahead. 

I have tried to figure out the algorithm of when it passes and when it doesn't, to no avail.  I suspect it may have something to do with the resolution of the Lidar survey done on that particular piece of highway. I have not repeatedly traveled the same highway to test my theory. 

• 3 weeks later...

I still did not bring my Truck back in to service to check out The Super Cruise Auto Lane Change.

However, on Friday 6/17, all of a sudden the auto lane change started working.  Both automatically or if I initiate with a blinker.  No OTA system updates in several weeks.  I did get a Google Maps update around 6/16/23.  I had around 3,700 miles on the truck.  I do not know if the mileage driven or the google maps had anything to do with it or of these have nothing to do with it.

I tried and it still worked on 6/18 and 6/19.

I will keep an eye on it and hopefully it does not stop working!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi, we just bought a 2024 Yukon Denali and are having this exact issue right off the bat (literally on the drive home from the dealer).  Before we take it in, I'm curious if the folks on here who have had this issue ever got it resolved.  Appreciate any help!

Edited by Neel Patel

Mine seemed to fix itself at around 3,000 miles (I forget exact mileage but might have it posted earlier in this thread). Not sure if the system needs some miles on it for it to work (learn) or not. Dealer was not helpful the times I brought it in for this. They wanted to take the days apart and replace modules. I chose not to. Perhaps wait a few thousand miles and see if it starts to work. 

Thanks!  In an earlier post, I think you mentioned a potential Google Map update that might have been timed right around the issue 'self-resolving' for you.  I'm potentially thinking to see if there is a way to uninstall Google Maps from the infotainment system and reinstall from Google Play and see if that helps at all.  I'm not sure how else to see if an update is available.

I 100% agree on not wanting the dealer to tear into the console to replace a module if that isn't a viable solution.

I too have a 2023 1500 Denali Ultimate that is now having the exact same problem.  Mine has ~8k miles now and it has worked perfectly until yesterday.  I recently had to pull a defective battery but I dont know why that would cause a problem.  GMC does use dynamic sensors (as opposed to static sensors used by most Japanese car makers) and so it does take them time to "calibrate" themselves but it doesn't make sense that Supercruise works fine but will not change lanes.  Any help or further updates would be much appreciated.

Could it be that you changed the battery so the sensors need to calibrate again?  

also Someone with an escalated had this issue and noted from when he took to a dealer:

Diagnostics showed that one of the front short range radars was in the incorrectly learned position. They did a position relearn and that fixed it. Works perfectly again.

Thanks guys.  So I did update Google Maps last night but no luck.  The system SW is up-to-date.  

I've got a note out to my salesman and he is going to dig into it tomorrow.  @Rinconmike, I may let the dealer know about the short range radar issue you noted to see if that could be the problem.  I know that on mine (prior to delivery), they had to address a paint issue along a seam line on my front bumper so they had to take it all the way off and reinstall.  I wonder if the short range radar is in that area and might be in the 'incorrectly learned position'.  I can see if they can do a position relearn. 

Do you happen to have a link to the thread handy with the escalade individual who had this problem?

Appreciate you guys -- this is way more informative than the hours I spent with GM customer service and On-Star.

Quick update for you all.  The dealer logged a code from the Yukon.  Working through the troubleshooting steps in the manual, the dealer determined that the right front short range radar sensor needs to be replaced.  Apparently, when the parts dept tried to order the referenced P/N, it didn't ring up.  So they are reaching out to GM to determine the correct P/N and will order it.  Hopefully this fixes the issue!  I'll keep you all posted.

• 2 weeks later...

Another update for you all.  Dealer called me yesterday.  They replaced the right front short range radar sensor and claim that the issue is now fixed.  There is another issue they are working on (On-Star smart driver+ not recording drives).  Once they get this fixed, I'll pick up the car and report back.