Supercruise Lane Change Not Working

On 5/20/2023 at 9:17 PM, 1454 said:

Wow, way to show how little you know about these things. You are still driving. You are still in charge. You are still responsible. These aren't hands off driving devices, so stop spreading fud about stuff you don't understand. Level 2 driving isn't "hands off" driving. I promise, even with my comma's limitations, it's still probably a better driver than the "average human in public spaces". 

"I am only responsible for what I say, not what you understand" - John Wayne

Was almost at the bottom of the slippery slope with regular cruise. More nannies, aides, makes for worse drivers, been on this journey awhile, we're just about at the point they need full automation now, ride share programs, no more ownership or insurance on you, pay your monthly and press for the ride on your app. Lotsa people just don't wanna drive, destination only, and we keep breeding more of them. Luckily their future awaits but until your name isn't on the reg and insurance...you best be driving that vehicle 100%. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

@4banger

The data shows otherwise. Just because the news makes a ruckus when someone abuses it, the data shows it's significantly safer than without. But hey, you are obviously the best driver on the road, period. So no need for the nannies for you. 

I enjoy my supercruise, I didn't think I would but I will say that I will never depend on it, or even cruise control 100%. I do believe as the owner / driver of the vehicle you are responsible for the vehicle and whatever it does while you are behind the wheel, I also believe things like supercruise and fully autonomous driving cars have their place but at the end of the day we as drivers can't blame the vehicle for something we asked it to do for us. I always have my hand resting on the wheel and foot near the brake pedal just as if I were driving it myself just in case I need to intervene at any time I am ready.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, eppieguy said:

I always have my hand resting on the wheel and foot near the brake pedal just as if I were driving it myself just in case I need to intervene at any time I am ready.  

Not to be a prick but I fail to see the point of even having supercruise. 

I could have got a High Country with it but I decided to get one without it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 1454 said:

@4banger

The data shows otherwise. Just because the news makes a ruckus when someone abuses it, the data shows it's significantly safer than without. But hey, you are obviously the best driver on the road, period. So no need for the nannies for you. 

bullsh1t, first what data, secondly who paid for it lol, and thirdly is it all safer for all the people licensed currently not qualified to be licensed? half he people on the road likely shouldn't be, if you seriously want to do that little you should think about the alternatives like pay someone to do it for you, you obviously haven't been paying attention lately, I haven't seen much on the news, this is common sense and logic speaking, not some convenience sales pitch that is so popular to our lazy arses these days, sadly it's not just your life, it's everyone else you share the road with too, abuses it? I don't get how easy it was for the establishment to ween people into paying for cars they don't actually own anymore and also getting them to agree to insure all liability on them too, when you're connected to computers connected wirelessly to the hive then it's not yours, Constar can control parts of it, automated stuff connected to others computers, ticking timebombs in 2.5 tons of high speed death missile through public spaces and we're letting the 'technology' and others connected allowed to do any part of something we are 100% liable for? insanity...carry on, it's like giving the reigns to your horse to someone else...who does that? I know a lot of people that just want more and more and more of it, can't wait to spend the money on it and blab about it, but hey, we have one of the healthiest societies with max common sense ever right? carry on then lol, either part of the problem or part of the solution, that's a lot of trust on something so deadly to put into others hands while all liability is on you

Edited by 4banger

OMFG, @4banger. Cry a little more. If you don't want to be on the road, then don't be. Normal people have embraced technology. I guess we should go back to cracking coconuts with rocks for sentience, according to you. 

https://www.iihs.org/topics/advanced-driver-assistance 

Driver aids help when driving long distances. I have spent much of my time driving 500+ miles at a time. I refuse to go back to a life without them. Again, I'm certain my nannies are safer with me than you are without. But tell yourself what you want. Furthermore, nobody said the "liability" wasn't on the driver. Again, it's an aid. NOT A REPLACEMENT. Very few cars are level 3. So instead of coming into another guys thread who is asking for help and whining because they bought this, why don't you just mind your own business? Nobody asked for your opinion about driver assistance technology. 

(sorry OP, didn't mean to threadjack)

Edited by 1454

2 hours ago, dieselfan1 said:

Not to be a prick but I fail to see the point of even having supercruise. 

I could have got a High Country with it but I decided to get one without it.

Good for you. That's why there is a choice. 

Wait until your pedestrian auto braking slams on for the invisible man. Had that happen to my wife in the Traverse on a dirt road out of town. 

That high tech wonderful safe, world saving, better than sliced bread crap is turned off in it and my truck now. Good thing a pizza wasn't sitting on the seat when it happened. 

• Confused 1

21 hours ago, repairman54 said:

Wait until your pedestrian auto braking slams on for the invisible man. Had that happen to my wife in the Traverse on a dirt road out of town. 

That high tech wonderful safe, world saving, better than sliced bread crap is turned off in it and my truck now. Good thing a pizza wasn't sitting on the seat when it happened. 

That has nothing to do with Super Cruise. If she was paying attention the flashing dashboard would have warned her before "slamming" on the brakes. All that's needed is to temporarily touch the brake pedal to avoid the system taking over. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Jus Cruisin said:

That has nothing to do with Super Cruise. If she was paying attention the flashing dashboard would have warned her before "slamming" on the brakes. All that's needed is to temporarily touch the brake pedal to avoid the system taking over. 

BS I'm not a tech kool aid drinker, these are supposed to be driving aids that work correctly. On a dirt road out in the middle of now where it was a WTF moment it should not activate. FYI she used to test / endurance drive Audi's in NM back in the '80's so she can actually drive. Including 3 pedal cars.

My point is super cruise a gadget, can't drive without it or need it, then you can't drive or drive half awake or clap your hands.

Auto braking, auto gap cruise and super cruise is all garbage so kids can play with their phones or ''units'' when driving. Too many fanboys of this tech don't understand that the average person believes and DEPENDS on this imperfect technology to save their bacon. You don't need your truck to do a butt dial at 70 mph. 

Edited by repairman54
  • Confused 1

I’m never going to be in the fully non engaged driving experience. There’s trains and buses for that. I was done after anti lock brakes. I have some appreciation for emergency last minute braking. I had a vehicle with that and it didn’t interfere in my case. That same vehicle had adapted cruise and lane keeping. Totally over zealous and dangerous. Glad I could turn it off. I wouldn’t stand in front of a speeding car and depend solely on driving aids. So I wouldn’t sitting in that car’s seat.

23 minutes ago, repairman54 said:

BS I'm not a tech kool aid drinker, these are supposed to be driving aids that work correctly. On a dirt road out in the middle of now where it was a WTF moment it should not activate. FYI she used to test / endurance drive Audi's in NM back in the '80's so she can actually drive. Including 3 pedal cars.

My point is super cruise a gadget, can't drive without it or need it, then you can't drive or drive half awake or clap your hands.

Auto braking, auto gap cruise and super cruise is all garbage so kids can play with their phones or ''units'' when driving. Too many fanboys of this tech don't understand that the average person believes and DEPENDS on this imperfect technology to save their bacon. You don't need your truck to do a butt dial at 70 mph. 

It's wonderful to read that you and your wife are perfect drivers that never lose focus on the road. Me? I'm not a perfect driver even though I put a half million incident/accident free miles behind the wheel of semis. I'm not perfect and those "gadgets" just might save my bacon someday. Or, someone else's due to a moment of my inattention. 

Edited by Jus Cruisin
  • Thanks 1

To bring this thread back to the issue of Lane Change not working.  GM still has not provided any update on solving the Auto Lane Change with Super Cruise.  Super Cruise works good on my truck, just not the auto lane change.  The answer from GM Customer Service is go back to the dealership.  I was hoping they would get someone above the dealership involved but have not.  I may ask the dealer to review again in another month or two when I have some time.  

• Thanks 1

On 5/27/2023 at 6:43 AM, repairman54 said:

blah, blah, blah.  Back up your assertions with data, or please stop spreading fud. I guess we should go back to carburetors, they were so much more reliable and efficient. Damn technology. 

• Haha 1