5.3L dark fluid dripping from exhaust pipe

my 04' Silverado with 5.3L has given me more grief then good.  and now she flashes the service engine light a few times just randomly, starts to run crappy like shes gonna stall then comes out of it and now drips black liquid from exhaust tip. just replaced upstream O2 sensor cuz she ran like a modified stock car. I just want to fix what's broken and not everything possible in the lineup cuz its costing me a fortune. any thoughts to help me out guys? This girl is fed up!

• Haha 1

Sell it or

Do all the maintenance a truck that old needs. Plugs wires all fluids maybe stop the problems. 

With no info on previous maintenance hard to say.

• Haha 1

welcome to the forum! The flashing CEL indicates a misfire but without scan tool data you do not know which cylinder(s). So if it has been a while since the plugs were changed that is a good place to start. Other possibilities are ignition coil, plug wire, fuel  injector and compression. Also check for a vacuum leak and get it scanned so you know which cylinder is acting up

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1