Aftermarket stereo install in the tailgate

Hey folks

Long time lurker, first time poster.

Looking to add some speakers to the multi-pro tailgate for the camping season, but I am not really interested in getting the Kicker solution.  I would rather do a set of marine speakers with a Focal 2 channel amp for Bluetooth connectivity.  

I'm not sure how to mount speakers in the tailgate itself though.  Has anyone done their own custom install in the tailgate?  Looking for some direction here.  

Another problem I can forsee, is being able to switch the amp on/off.  I was thinking of doing a limit switch on the inner tailgate to trigger the amp.  Just looking for some ideas.

Thanks!

I don’t have the Multi Flex gate, so not sure on the mounting, but 23 years of car audio experience, great choice on the Focal amp, always quality power out of them. I’d say easiest way would be to just go a basic toggle switch for remote turn on off of a 12 volt constant feed. If you don’t want to chase a feed off the fuse box, just run straight out of the battery input of the amp into a toggle switch. I’d fuse it to be safe, 7.5-10amps should be fine. That way you don’t have to leave the ignition on and can just play the tailgate set up.