coolant bypass hose

I know this said newer models but I have checked othe forums, with no results. looking for answers or direction... I have an 05 chevy Silverado 2500 HD/LT, 4x4 Crew with allison and 8.1L. I changed the coolant bypass hose AGAIN, the promblem is the water pump pulley rubs the side of the hose new and alot till its cut when swollen, the new hose is as rotated out of the way as possible but still there is an issue... Please help, any suggeststions on resolution Thank You

20230407_113714.jpg

20230413_121810.heic

Welcome. 

Are you using the correct molded hose for that?  GM # 12558969 or aftermarket equivalent.  If you are and its still rubbing the hose and cutting it, then I'd say your problem is the water pump.  Either the pulley is too big (so too deep and its touching the hose) or the pump has play while running or under load and its rubbing the hose.  Your picture with the hose not there, it looks like there is plenty of room?  So I'd be suspect the pump pulley or the pump is the cause.  

Also, get that green crap out of there lol.  

Second, you can post in the 99-13 section or the HD section.  Just because you searched but didn't find anything, doesn't mean you can't post your question there instead of the wrong section.

2000-2014 Silverado & Sierra HD - GM-Trucks.com

Edited by newdude
  • Like 1

The part newdude references is shaped to move the hose further away from pulley. I've run into similar situation before. Aftermarket was shaped differently.

12558969_Primary.jpg

977e3c9919c8d9654bb64e706d3e2ccb.jpg

Edited by txab