CarbonPro bed

The Denali comes with a standard bed with spray on bedliner. The Carbon Pro bed option is a $115 up charge. Seems like a no brainer. Right? 

Is this a must have? Are there downsides? I would be adding a folding hard tonneau and some sort of mat {probably Bedrug) to keep things from sliding around. 

Are there ordering restrictions? 

Thanks. 

1 hour ago, Jus Cruisin said:

The Denali comes with a standard bed with spray on bedliner. The Carbon Pro bed option is a $115 up charge. Seems like a no brainer. Right? 

Is this a must have? Are there downsides? I would be adding a folding hard tonneau and some sort of mat {probably Bedrug) to keep things from sliding around. 

Thanks. 

I just got my 2023 Denali but I ordered it with all options as the Ultimate except with Jet Black interior. So I have the CarbonPro bed.

I just got in today my OEM Rev Flip hard cover and OEM bed rubber liner. 

Part number

Short Bed Tri-Fold Hard Tonneau Cover in Matte Black by REV® (for Models with CarbonPro™ Bed) - Associated Accessories

Part No. 19433570

Bed Mat in Black with GMC Logo for Short Bed (for models with CarbonPro Bed)

Part No. 84635351

I am going to save the $300 and do the install myself. 

here is a video on the install it appears. 

Edited by Denali_1500
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Aubie_01 said:

Can you get the Carbon Pro without a bunch of other packages?

I was a separate line item on my window sticker since I ordered my Denali completely as I wanted. Only took 7 weeks to get the truck from the time I ordered.

DENALI CARBONPRO EDITION 1,125.00 • CARBONPRO COMPOSITE BED

• Thanks 1

On 1/10/2023 at 6:38 PM, Denali_1500 said:

I just got my 2023 Denali but I ordered it with all options as the Ultimate except with Jet Black interior. So I have the CarbonPro bed.

I just got in today my OEM Rev Flip hard cover and OEM bed rubber liner. 

Part number

Short Bed Tri-Fold Hard Tonneau Cover in Matte Black by REV® (for Models with CarbonPro™ Bed) - Associated Accessories

Part No. 19433570

Bed Mat in Black with GMC Logo for Short Bed (for models with CarbonPro Bed)

Part No. 84635351

I am going to save the $300 and do the install myself. 

here is a video on the install it appears. 

Thanks for the part #'s and the install video. I guess the REV tonneau has the same rail attachments. Just have to wait for our taxes to get done and make sure we don't have any surprises. We always seem to pay.... Grrrr. 

Luckily, I really like the Ultimate interior. Sort of reminds me of a King Ranch I had. 

Edited by Jus Cruisin

• 6 months later...

house of hazards

On 1/11/2023 at 6:10 AM, Jus Cruisin said:

Thanks. 

The only downside to the Carbon Pro may be its slightly expensive price tag.

• 1 month later...

So just bought a slightly used 2021 1500 AT4 w/ the carbon pro package. I always have a canopy on my truck. It was never disclosed to me and I never thought to ask about mounting a canopy to my bed. Because you can mount a canopy to every bed on the market. However the carbon beds are slanted and there is no flat surface to put the C clamps to secure the canopy. I have called a LEER/ snugtop installer and they called their reps and they have no "approved" fix for this. I have also called an ARE dealer who called their rep and they have no "approved" fix. Then I called SmartCap they sent me pictures of a customer that had cut holes for the clamps to fit through but stated this was the customers doing and not an approved method. I am now contacting dealerships to figure out what GMCs fix is. I can not imagine that they built the only bed in the world that you can not attach a canopy to.

Does anyone have any insight into this issue or any approved fix?

CarbonPro is only available as a short box.

The standard box (6.6") is only available in steel. 

Carbon Fibre composite bed is optional and only available on AT4, Denali and Denali Ultimate.

image.thumb.png.1c85fd098b2d5b12e66cf471a9416808.png

17 hours ago, Rory Loveland said:

So just bought a slightly used 2021 1500 AT4 w/ the carbon pro package. I always have a canopy on my truck. It was never disclosed to me and I never thought to ask about mounting a canopy to my bed. Because you can mount a canopy to every bed on the market. However the carbon beds are slanted and there is no flat surface to put the C clamps to secure the canopy. I have called a LEER/ snugtop installer and they called their reps and they have no "approved" fix for this. I have also called an ARE dealer who called their rep and they have no "approved" fix. Then I called SmartCap they sent me pictures of a customer that had cut holes for the clamps to fit through but stated this was the customers doing and not an approved method. I am now contacting dealerships to figure out what GMCs fix is. I can not imagine that they built the only bed in the world that you can not attach a canopy to.

Does anyone have any insight into this issue or any approved fix?

I don't understand why you believe GM would have a "Fix" for this issue as it's not an issue for them, it is an option in which the original buyer wanted, you bought it used and expected that it would work for your needs but it doesn't, GM isn't going to "Fix" that. I looked at a truck that had that bed and knew it wouldn't work for my needs so I found another one without that option, works great! 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, eppieguy said:

I don't understand why you believe GM would have a "Fix" for this issue as it's not an issue for them, it is an option in which the original buyer wanted, you bought it used and expected that it would work for your needs but it doesn't, GM isn't going to "Fix" that. I looked at a truck that had that bed and knew it wouldn't work for my needs so I found another one without that option, works great! 

I looked it up, I didn’t know what it was. It’s a 10K option. I don’t know how one could be bought by accident. 

1 hour ago, eppieguy said:

I am glad you found what you were looking for. When I told the dealer my plans for the truck they said nothing about the inability to put a canopy on the bed. After calling them and talking with them it seems they had never heard that was an issue. Why would I think that this bed would be different than any other bed in the world. I would think that there should be a way for a canopy to be attached to the bed or they tell you that? I know that its an after market addition but its not a foreign one lots of people put canopies on. 

11 minutes ago, Rory Loveland said:

I am glad you found what you were looking for. When I told the dealer my plans for the truck they said nothing about the inability to put a canopy on the bed. After calling them and talking with them it seems they had never heard that was an issue. Why would I think that this bed would be different than any other bed in the world. I would think that there should be a way for a canopy to be attached to the bed or they tell you that? I know that its an after market addition but its not a foreign one lots of people put canopies on. 

It's your canopy manufacturer problem not GM's. Bellyache at your canopy manufacturer to create a mounting solution. GM can't or shouldn't have to fix aftermarket issues. BakFlip has created unique mounting brackets for their tonneaus for the CarbonPro beds. 

Edited by Jus Cruisin
  • Like 3