2017 Silverado Low Voltage on 7 pin and 4 pin for trailer hook up.

Disposable

Question

Any help before I have to leave the truck at the dealer for a few days would be great. 

2017 Silverado

Dual 7 pin and 4 pin connector

Test the 7 pin :  8 volts when grounded to the wiring harness

Test the 4 pin : 7-8 volts when grounded to the wiring hardness

Test the 7 pin :  8 volts when grounded to the Frame

Test the 4 pin : 7-8 volts when grounded to the Frame

7-8 Volts on when testing at the fuse panel  under the hood. Grounded to the engine block. 

Relay seems good, all 4 fuses are good.  Other Fuses like lights, radio and wipers all bring back 12v range. 

I am not sure where to go from here. I don't want to miss a ground wire or something. 

I did clean and re-attach the ground wire next to the brake controller under the rear of the truck. 

Thanks, 

2 answers to this question

Why on earth would you go to a dealer? Did you just buy it used from the dealer and it still has a warranty? That would be the only case where a '17 should go to a dealer these days. AGAIN, it's not the techs - it's CORPORATE.

You've either got a bad power wire or a connector on said wire, or where you're connecting your meter ground is a bad ground / bad connection.

If you do decide to give up on it, go to a local, small garage. You'll never know the headaches I saved you.