Transmission problems with my 2017 Silverado

I just purchased a used 2017 Silverado last year. It currently has 86k miles on it and my transmission is slipping. I had it looked at and the shop told me I will need to get my transmission rebuilt. Among the many issues is a faulty torque converter. The mechanic said I shouldn't be having these issues with only 86k miles on my truck. These are issues of a truck with at least 140k miles on it. Will the dealership fix this?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Saint Mars said:

I just purchased a used 2017 Silverado last year. It currently has 86k miles on it and my transmission is slipping. I had it looked at and the shop told me I will need to get my transmission rebuilt. Among the many issues is a faulty torque converter. The mechanic said I shouldn't be having these issues with only 86k miles on my truck. These are issues of a truck with at least 140k miles on it. Will the dealership fix this?

The mechanic hasn't been around enough 6L80s then.  Converter failure is quite common.  It can also wipe out the fluid pump, possibly more.  We've done 3 just this month at work (small GM dealer).

Don't forget to get the new lower temp transmission thermal bypass valve as that will let the rebuild live a longer life.  

Edited by newdude
  • Sad 1

This one makes me laugh. It's known the converter clutch is poorly designed and causes total failure of the unit. So we rebuild and use the same converter that caused the the issue again hoping it won't? :dunno:

Florida Torque Converter billet stock stall replacement. Use the low temp thermostat or bypass it (pill flip). SONNAX Zip Kit. Dun and done. 

Lord somebody pin one of these...............................

Edited by Grumpy Bear
  • Like 1