I need help/input on my 2000 Silverado 1500 please!!

Okay so I’m new to this forum, but I’m in need of insight and direction with my truck. It’s been broke down since Xmas eve of last year and before it broke down I had my cousin who owns All Pro Performance out where I live redo the lift and a few other things in the front end along with tires etc. anyways he not only charged me far more than agreed, come to find out he didn’t actually do any of the work he charged me 5k to do. To make this short & sweet, he slapped a 3.73 front diff in the front when my rear is a 4.56 gear ratio. My 4x4 obviously hasn’t worked since but my ring and pinion & spider gears in the rear are trashed now which means I’m doing the work this time instead of trusting someone else. My question is with my truck having a 6inch lift and 35in tires on it what would the best gear ratio be to go with? The 3.73 in both or the 4.56?? I’ve heard both would be fine. I’m trying to get this beast of mine back on the road before winter hits since it’s mine and my daughters only means of transportation, being a single mother requires a reliable vehicle. If y’all could give me your insight and knowledge on the matter I’d greatly appreciate it. I need this done the right way this time. 

thanks 

If you want the truck to drive better and move those heavy tires around you want 4.10's or 4.56's because it's only a 4 speed auto. Gearing is your friend when it comes to larger tires.

If cost is a factor and the front diff is in good working order you could just put 3.73's in the rear to get you by.

• 1 month later...

why not go back to stock and save the time, money and hassle of trying to figure out this mess? Seriously, it looks like you and your family want reliable transportation. Stock is reliable,