Hello!

I have a Sierra Denali 2019 6.2L - I apologize for not knowing much as I got the truck from my brother and never owned a truck before in my life!

I would like to install two antennas on the rear stake pockets and bring the coaxial cables into the cabin. cables are 1/4 inch each. There is a also a small control cable for the tarheel antenna. I don't plan to connect the radios to the Car Batteries as I have separate batteries for radio use.

I would like to know if there are some sort of documentation or drawings that shows where I can check for the cable entry points to the cabin from the rear to bring these cables into the cabin and the precautions I need to do and best practices to seal the entry points to prevent dust and stuff.

any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks...

Look under the truck , you see rubber plugs right in front of the rear seat, That's were i ran my cable thru . my radio gear is under the rear seat , Remote head on dash . 

Hi Steve,

Thanks - could you please confirm if its #1 or #2 ? 

Also, should I be drilling into this area or remove the material fully?

What can I use to seal the area? is it possible to reverse the procedure by replacing that plug (hoping its available to purchase) 

Chris

2022-06-26_19-09-26.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Chris N said:

Hi Steve,

What can I use to seal the area? is it possible to reverse the procedure by replacing that plug (hoping its available to purchase) 

Chris

2022-06-26_19-09-26.jpg

#2 is the seal i used  . lift the rear door stll , lift the carpet and you see the plug. drill your hole ,run cable , seal with silicone

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/26/2022 at 8:13 AM, Chris N said:

Hi Steve,

Chris

2022-06-26_19-09-26.jpg

On my 2015, I used a brand new razor blade, cleaned the underside of #1, cut 1/4" slit, ran my antenna cable thru, and sealed underneath with black RTV.  I'm going to do the same thing with my 2018, soon, whenever I decide to install my CB & Scanner.