Which scanner should I buy

I would like one that can reset service intervals and codes.  I have an HP tuners rtd that I used for the2020 explorer st I had tuned remotely.  I bought the autel Bluetooth model and the app is crap.  I recently had to replace my vent seloniod and need to reset the codes.  I don’t really know how to do much with HP tuners.  The truck has 60,000 on it. I just bought it used. 

Thanks

Edited by MegaCleanCab
  • Like 1

If you have a modern laptop, get the MDI2 adapter with GDS2 software, same stuff GM uses. 

If you ever have to reprogram modules, you're all set up to do so after purchasing a subscription.

• Thanks 1

Resetting service intervals can be done through the radio screen and doesn't require the use of a tool.  If you prefer to do it through a tool, along with reprogramming modules, then the setup mentioned by Swathdiver is perfect for your needs.

• Thanks 1

If you already have the generic Bluetooth module, download the Torque app paid version. It's like $5 or was when I purchased it years ago. WELL worth the money and you can add PIDs to monitor various stuff the computer monitors.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

You should look into this laptop. My buddy uses it at his shop and told me to get it a few months back for my truck. So far the scanner is perfect and does everything I need it to do. It came with a lot more than I needed and it didn't disappoint. It works great and the only complaint I have is that it loses battery in 7 hours and needs to be plugged in. https://dieselscanners.com/products/diesel-diagnostic-laptop-scanner-tuner-truck-repair

Why do you keep posting this everywhere? Seems like you or your buddy are trying to sell this $2500+ shop level laptop.