Gas Prices

Big_Kahuna

1 hour ago, Grumpy Bear said:

Down a penny this week. :crackup:

Chicago-area gas prices are surging after a tornado nearly took out a refinery 

Up another nickel today. BP refinery outage from the storm is the 'reason' given. Gas now shipped from the Gulf.

:mad:

We had a drunk wipe out an entire substation at Chevrons El Paso Refinery when I worked there, and we were prime in a shift. Power outage lasted about 90 seconds. They have more than one feed and often generate their own power. My section was back online in under three minutes.  The substation took months to get back.

Of course, they trained people then to be more than a chair warmer. You go Homer......

Homer Simpson - Homer Simpson Wallpaper (3065109) - Fanpop

Someone needs to be fired.

Edited by Grumpy Bear

20 minutes ago, Grumpy Bear said:

We are hanging out just under $4. 

I got gas in the beast today. The first of the month the Kroger discount for gas hit if you have the card. I got a 30 cent discount paid 2.55$ per gallon. 

• Thanks 1

Not sure if it was a fluke but the Sheetz in Fayetville had $2.09 on the sign when I drove by this morning.  The new Sheetz that just opened has it for $2.99 and all the other stations are at $3.19.

Finally starting to move back down. A few counties south of us and a few days ago the price is 40 cents a gallon cheaper. We come back about half that distance in 48 hours. 

Down a dime on the hi-way, $3.04- $3.14 low buck, most others $3.29- $3.49, I haven't been down town to see their prices in a few days. Saw 1 station just north of Boston $3.99 still. North in NH close to $3

Edited by richard wysong

• 2 weeks later...